Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

A Disneyland Halloween Treat 10-29-12 (With Pictures)

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Director_Guy on November 1st, 2012, 6:47 pm
Halloween has come and gone. For some, it was a fun night watching scary movies, maybe having a few drinks. For myself and a few friends, it was a two month long spook-tacular celebration. Movies, haunts, treats, and decorations for almost 60 days. All of this culminated in a fantastic display of trick-or-treating on Monday, October 29th, at Disneyland's Halloween Party.

Meg and I dressed up this year as Finn the Human and Marceline the Vampire Queen from the animated series "Adventure Time".

Before the Halloween Happenings began, we met up with our friend Austin, who turned out to have the best Ghostbuster costume I've ever seen.

We went to the resort a few hours early to jump in line for the newly opened Earl of Sandwich restaurant. Rumors had been circulating on it opening a few days earlier than the official date and they turned out to be true!

"Look, Jake! They have hot sandwiches!"

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious to see a Ghostbuster buying food?

And here it is. Finally.

Marceline quite enjoyed sucking the color red out of her sandwich.

With the line and dining, altogether it took about an hour. So when we left Earl, it was time to Trick-or-Treat!

The castle was already being transformed into "Christmas Time", but we figured it was actually the Ice King who made the snow fall.

We met up with Nick and Natalie, who dressed as The Phantom of the Opera and Christine Daaé. We all rushed over to ride Star Tours, not knowing that this would be the last day that Lucasfilm was not owned by Disney.

Like I said, his costume is amazing. It even lights up!

There was this guy's costume. It was really great. But I think Austin wins because I know him.

It's Disney, now!

Marceline is ready to brave The Matterhorn!

The Phantom knows how to fight off the abdominal snowman... by singing!

The Ghostbuster's proton pack malfunctioned didn't get to ride with us. He got it working again shortly after.

Bustin' Makes Him Feel Good.

A full moon over Disneyland. This was a good night to come.

Spooky line for spooky treats.

So much fog!

An orange pumpkin singing the blues.

For the event, the park has all sorts of different lighting and fog effects. It's almost a different park!

"Zuul!"

Riding on a runaway ghost train!

The Dapper Dans sang a capella versions of some favorite spooky tunes. It was quite fantastic.

Marceline really enjoyed the music. She played along on her axe.

Christine wanted to sing along but the Phantom kidnapped her instead.

Around this time, Diandra showed up and showed off her costume.
Katniss Everdeen was ready for some candy!

In the candy line! You can see The Jetsons in the back, trying to get a picture of Phantom and Christine.

So much awesome fog!

Our Ghostbuster was ready for all the ghosts on The Haunted Mansion.

Ray Bradbury's Halloween Tree is quite the sight to see. I want one of these in my own house.

Around this time, there was a gathering of people out in front of the castle.
"Hmm... there must be a reason for this..."
Of course! FIREWORKS!

We met up with our friends George and Elly, who dressed as Jack Skellington and Sally, and we watched the fireworks. But not before taking an awesome group picture.

The fireworks show was fantastic. A little cheesy at times, but really great at others. Love this one every year.

Katniss just learned that Indy would be closed until December.

The night was winding down and we wanted to hop on another coaster. We decided that a final spin on Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy would be prudent.

HISS! Christmas at Halloween! Be GONE!

A little more trick-or-treating was in order.
Man, animatronics have gotten REALLY good over the years.

By now the park was closed down for the night and it was apparent that the Halloween season was at an end.

We followed the outflow of bodies toward the exit and headed home.

And so ends another wonderful Halloween Season.

Happy Halloween!

P.S.
Look at this haul!
Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking, isn't thinking of.
Director_Guy

Postby w00dland on November 3rd, 2012, 4:10 pm
There are just so many attractive people in this photo report.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby Director_Guy on November 4th, 2012, 10:50 pm
^It's California, man. Everyone is automatically good looking when you move here.
Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking, isn't thinking of.
Director_Guy

Postby CstrFan512 on November 8th, 2012, 8:07 pm
Awesome trip report! Disney is always great during any season! I went during Christmas last year and I felt as if I had been sucked into a story book.
Don't fight the Bull, ride the Bull!

Best 2011 Moment: "I lost my phone on Raging Bull!"
"WELL I LOST A SOCK!!!"
Best 2012 Moment: "No good! DREAM ON!"
Best 2013 Moment: "I came here for Auntie Anne's pretzels and coasters......in that order!"
CstrFan512

Postby Goku1910 on November 11th, 2012, 10:28 am
as soon as I saw the Adventure Time characters, I honestly couldn't look anymore. ugh, I hate CN's new shows, they're absolutely terrible!
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Director_Guy on November 23rd, 2012, 10:59 pm
Goku1910 wrote:as soon as I saw the Adventure Time characters, I honestly couldn't look anymore. ugh, I hate CN's new shows, they're absolutely terrible!

Oh, good. This report was only for people who like "fun".
Director_Guy

Postby Goku1910 on November 23rd, 2012, 11:26 pm
Halloween costumes are "fun"? Not really. But that costume is taking ridiculous to a whole new level.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Director_Guy on November 23rd, 2012, 11:45 pm
Alright, man. You don't like dressing up, that's cool. You don't like Adventure Time, that's totally fine. I didn't have to share my trip and you didn't have to read about it. I don't really understand why you think your dislike for a television show would relate to my pictures, aside from the costumes, and I really don't understand why you'd tell me you didn't read the report. You could have just clicked away. Whatever man, it's cool. We clearly have different tastes.
Director_Guy

Postby jhony on December 6th, 2012, 5:52 am
Katniss just learned that Indy would be closed until December, outflow of bodies toward the exit and headed home....!!! :roll: :)

Hmmmm Halloween Season with Sweetss....
nice
jhony

Postby georgesmith on December 13th, 2012, 1:20 am
as soon as I saw the Adventure Time characters, I honestly couldn't look anymore. ugh, I hate CN's new shows, they're absolutely terrible!....!!! :x :x :lol: :lol:
oddarena www.oddarena.blogspot.com
entertainment http://www.oddarena.blogspot.com/
georgesmith

Return to Trip Reports