Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Lagoon Frightmares 10-14-12

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Jackluver18 on October 14th, 2012, 11:41 pm
Lagoon is a good 40 minute drive from me so I decided to leave my house at 10 and got there about 10:45 because I had to stop for gas. First ride of the day was Colossus which I have a record of going on 65 times in one day....without getting off. After Colossus was Wicked which has a single rider line so I rode that a few times. For the first time this season I rode Spider which is a good ride. Can't describe it well but in a sense a good ride. Next was Terroride and Dracula's castle which I rode just to kill some time before the haunted houses opened at 3. The first haunted house was Lockdown which is a haunted prison...where the inmates have been put on way too many pills and have gone crazy.

After Lockdown was Nightwalk which is suppose to be themed to demons and other strange things...including a room that is completly frozen which is like the morgue or something. It's cold, the walls are frozen over and there's 3 coffins plus two people hanging from the ceiling that are frozen...eww. I skipped Backlot due to the line but went to Fun House of Fear which is clowns. You wear 3d glasses and choose 1 of 4 curtains to go through but all ending up in the same place at some point. One of my favorite rooms in that house is the black room with splattered paint all over and people blend in with the walls which is neat.

I went through the houses a few times before my night got really interesting. Got tag teamed by 8 guys with chainsaws..3 vampires and 2 zombies...all within 5 hours. The guys with chainsaws chased me for 7 hours on the 22nd when I went and then again the 29th. They know I hate chainsaws and decided to have a field day with that which wasn't funny at all. I then had the 3 vampires come after me because I looked like fresh meat....then the zombies thought it was fun to join in as well. Having 14 monsters chase you in 5 hours....means im pretty sore and going to feel it tomorrow.

The park was open 11-8 and the houses opened at 3. Sadly it was my last trip of the season/ever depending on if my mom and I ever move back to Chicago. I have 1 week left of being out here and then I come home the 25th for Fright Fest which I'm looking forward to. It was a great season at Lagoon and had an awesome time. I do have pictures from Frightmares on my Facebook if you'd like to see them just ask.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby GayCoasterGuy on October 16th, 2012, 3:39 pm
Good report! Colossus 65 times!!!? Lucky. I'm a big Anton fan (did Mind Bender over 80 times last year - not in one sitting though), and have wanted to get to Colossus Fire Dragon before anything happens to it (I guess I shouldn't worry as Lagoon is not owned, thankfully, by Cedar Fair).

Lagoon in on my top list of must do parks. 2 Anton coasters in one park sounds good to me any day of the week. Sounds like the actors are not afraid to do what they are supposed to do at Lagoon - a good thing!
facebook.com/GayCoasterGuy
GayCoasterGuy

Postby Jackluver18 on October 16th, 2012, 10:41 pm
Yeah Colossus is a lot of fun. Doing it all day...ugh I felt like jello. I did Demon one year 20 times without getting off and I felt like I was going to drop to the ground because I hurt so badly. Nothing is going to happen to Colossus...it's not going anywhere at least I hope not. I do recommend if you come out to Utah...don't go anywhere else besides Lagoon and you will see why lol. I have lived out here for 2 years now and have been to Frightmares maybe 6 or 7 times and it was a lot of fun and kept me sane since I haven't been to Great America as much as I had wanted to this year. The actors at Lagoon do a very good job.....they go for the "kill" when they see the chance and don't stop until they've fulfilled their purpose. It is a fun park and I hope you get to go sometime. Who knows how much longer I'm going to be living out here.....might be next summer. If i'm here by next Frightmares, I might go insane.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Return to Trip Reports