Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Phantom Fright Nights 9-29-12

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Fil31zRt on September 30th, 2012, 5:16 pm
So, my family and I took a trip to Pittsburgh to visit family. We had an extra day so we decided to visit Kennywood's fright fest. I have been to Kennywood a dozen times and I enjoy going. So we decided to give it a shot. We arrived at the park around 6:30 pm and waited to buy tickets because we printed a few buy 1 get 1 free coupons off their website. The park was open from 7pm -1am. I didn't bring my phone with me so I could not take any pictures.

Right away when we entered the park near Sky Rocket, we noticed about 5 scaractors and a guy with a chainsaw chasing people through the tunnel. We went to Phantoms Revenge first and I can say this is my 2nd favorite coaster. They started running 1 train and didn't transfer the other train. For front row 15 minutes for waiting 4 trains. Next we hit up Swingshot which is such a fun ride feeling your stomach drop every time you go up.

Next, we stopped to get a bite to eat at the potato patch. Actually I got a funnel cake for $3.99. That's one reason why I like Kennywood so much is the prices are so cheap. So we went to ride Ghostwood Estate which is a super fun ride with no wait.

Now all we did were go to the haunts which were FREE!!!! (in order)

After Ghost wood , we went to Voodoo Bayou which was through the rapids. There was actually no lines when we got there which was nice. The scenery was well done. It was taking place in a swamp and it was well decorated. Plus it was fun I jumped a few times
OVERALL : 3.5 / 5

After this we actually went to find a bathroom when we saw Biofear. The sign said 1 hour wait so we just said we would do it. The sign wasn't lying, that line was huge. So after 5 minutes of waiting we left. But we did go back earlier. So we saw a haunted attraction called Dark Shadows in the back of kiddieland. So we went to it. About 15 minute wait to walk this. We were fisrt but my mom took a right into a dead end when we were supposed to take a left. So we ended in the middle. Fantastic haunt. It was outdoors and dark and claustrophobic. There is a small blow up black tunnel you walk through which was unique. Anyways you could not see it was scary and fun.
OVERALL : 5 / 5

Next a lady told us that because my brother had a boot we can get an exit pass to go up to all the haunts without waiting. So we walked back to guest services to get the pass and were right next to another haunt the Haunted Ark. It was a haunt with pirates and it was decent. We were toward the back so I did know were most actors were. Made me sick but fun.
OVERALL : 3 / 5

So we decided to go back to Bio fear because we didn't have to wait. We ended up waiting 5 minutes and we entered. Fun haunt, scary but lit up so you saw everything. If anyone has been in this the part with the guy inside the white suit got me good. But well designed and fun.
OVERALL : 4 / 5

Then we left about 11 pm to get back to Chicago.

+'s
Alot of fog. Could barely see where I was going.
FREE haunts

-'s
Did get fairly crowded which I was expecting
Wish I could have stayed longer until next time
Fil31zRt

Return to Trip Reports