Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Great America, Saturday June 30, 2012

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby CoasterDemon on July 2nd, 2012, 12:28 am
Woke up very early yesterday and decided to go to the park at opening. Why I decided to go to Great America on a super hot day, in the summer, on a Saturday, alone - I will NEVER know. Those are things I would rarely even laugh about doing.

But I went! Got the park just before opening, and I'm still tired from the day - so I'm gonna keep this short but sweet. Rode Whizzer, Demon, Eagle red (2x - yay for their policy "if the seat is empty, you can probably ride in it" policy), Little Dipper, Logger's Run, Yankee Clipper, Whriligig, and Sky Trek Tower.

I took a break to cool down at the mall in the afternoon, then raced back to the park to use my lunch "Season Dining Pass" by the end of the 'lunchtime window' of 3:30. When I got my food, I realized my geeky ziplock "pouch" that I keep my car key, money and cards (season pass, driver's license, credit card) was GONE. I always lock my pockets with safety pins, but somewhere in the rush of getting my food, I must have somehow dropped it.

Ran all around the park for about 90 minutes; to and fro between Lost & Found, security, my car, Guest Relations the whole time. I left my car windows opened a crack due to the heat, and I was able to manually winch a window down with my hands. I'm lucky the thing didn't break. So I got in my car to get my phone. Called mom asking her to come get me to take me home - where I would dig around for a spare car key. It was a fiasco. The cheap, blister inducing flip flops didn't help (they are being returned this week). The heat rash on my legs was killing me and the chafing on my inner-thighs was at me too (which is another not-so-friendly reminder that I really do need to loose weight.)
At the time, I didn't know if I lost the *pouch* or if I threw it in the car trunk before I came back into the park.

Back to Lost & Found one last time - they had found my geeky ziplock pouch! I called mom (who was on her way up to the park from downtown) to tell her the good news and to go back home.

The day really turned out great despite this fiasco. I gave compliments to all those involved with returning my stuff (even thought they couldn't tell me the name of the employee responsible for turning it in; company policy - they cannot take rewards, either.)

Even though they were stacking 3 trains, it's hard to complain when you are able to ride Whizzer:

He's gonna getcha getcha getcha:

This level of coolness usually only happens at places like Knoebel's:

The hat was on tight:

Kudos for low height requirements:

Goodnight Sweetheart:

More pictures here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 363&type=3
CoasterDemon

Return to Trip Reports