Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Trip Report: 6/20/2012

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby rollercoastermikey on June 20th, 2012, 11:15 pm
I want to start off with park attendance. i love not having to wait long for my favorite rides but low attendance scares me. the max time we waitted for a ride today was about an hour which was getting in line, waiting and riding and that was the raging bull.
Along the lines with ride status: Demon is still down, American eagle was testing all day (both sides), loggers and yankee both running but not the full day, and Raging Bull running two trains yellow and teal (back in full operation), red isn't in pieces or anything its just in the train house.
Around 3pm, im guessing due to the extreme heat, the entire park got hit with a power surge and the rides in the park were shut down. the surge affected everything, we couldnt even get a funnel cake cause the fryers were down. at that point we were exhausted and left, as we were leaving everything seemed to be running again but keep this in mind when you go on hot days (95+).
forever a great america kid
rollercoastermikey

Postby tribar on June 21st, 2012, 10:22 am
I'm sure the park didn't have low attendence it's just when it's 95 degrees outside most people go to the waterpark
tribar

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 23rd, 2012, 4:14 pm
The way I see is that if the park is getting 1 hr line for Raging Bull, it must not be hurting that much in attendance. This is unless all the other coasters / rides / shows / stores / food places /people just sitting around are getting only 10 people. People don't like to sweat to death for the most part, and are going to try and find something that deals with getting cool such as a waterpark / air conditioning. On those type of days, to me I think if you care about the waterpark, I think it's best to avoid going to the park because that is going to be jammed pack for the most part. The reason Raging Bull probably had a 1 hr line is because everyone emptied out of the waterpark most likely towards later at night or early on in the morning / 12 pm maybe (The waterpark is usually open to 6 pm even though last year it was 7pm / cutting back hours which I think is a mistake especially with this hot weather).

Tell me how it is on a 80 day, and than we can talk about whether or not the park is doing well at all this year. And a question that I would have is that, do people like the new ride (meaning the General Public), or is it getting bad reviews from them? That's a 15 million coaster that should be getting the people into the park, so let's talk when the weather isn't excessive one way or the other.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Return to Trip Reports