Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAm June 19th

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby ViperFTW on June 20th, 2012, 8:47 pm
I arrived in the park at 10:30 to find that there were only five other cars waiting to get in to the park. This kind of surprised me, but I was very happy because this meant lower crowds. We parked close to the front of the park and were in through the gates by 10:35. We immediately went to V2 to find the station near empty, and got in line twice. I ended up riding three times though because someone in my group was a single rider. After that we went through the empty Yukon Territory and got to X-Flight. The sign said that the line was 30 minutes, but it only took about 10 to get through. Next we headed to American Eagle, but it was closed so we went to Raging Bull to find that it had a 30 minute wait, but it took about 45 minutes because of the fact they only were running two trains. After this we went all the way to the Johnny Rockets in Mardi Gras so that we could sit in air conditioning and get milkshakes. Before eating we went on King Chaos, which had three people in line. After lunch we decided go on Dark Knight and then Superman. Both were 10 minute waits. Then we decided to head to Viper. It was a 10 minute wait, but when we were in the station it broke down for about 10 minutes, so it ended up being about 20 minutes. After we got off Viper we saw that Eagle was testing, so we decided we would stop at X-flight again and then head over there if it opened. We jumped in a 10 minute line and for the second time in a row, the ride broke down for 10 minutes. We were under the station though, so we were out of the intense heat. It finally opened and once we got off, we headed to Eagle. We were hoping to ride blue, but only red was open. It was a 30 minute line, but for the third time in a row, a coaster broke down for 10 minutes when we were in the station. We ended up leaving the park at 5:00 because we ran out of things to do, and the heat was getting annoying.

Here are my total rides, comments, and ratings for the day:

V2 - 3 times - Nice station wait and fun launch. A good opener for the day - 8/10
X-Flight - 2 times - Short line and overall fun ride - 8/10
Raging Bull - Once - Long wait. Wasn't that fun because of all the trims. It has become boring for me - 7/10
King Chaos - Once - This was my first and last time riding. Very rough and not worth it - 2/10
Johnny Rockets - Very good food, although overpriced - 7/10
Dark Knight - Once - Fun and a short line. Some theme elements were missing though - 7/10
Superman - Once - Only fun part was the pretzel loop. Being on my stomach was kind of sickening - 6/10
Viper - Once - My favorite coaster in the park. Never fails to disappoint - 9/10
American Eagle - Once - The fact that blue wasn't open sucked, and red was so rough that I had a very bad headache for the car ride home. Not fun, and trimmed too much - 4/10

Overall it was a good day at the park and I had a very fun time.
ViperFTW

Return to Trip Reports