Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

PTR Hersheypark 5-29

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby tribar on June 1st, 2012, 11:15 pm
So Hersheypark is a pretty good park. Day started out rough with Skyrush being closed, Sooperdooperlooper having only one train and Skyrush opening with a 2 and a half hour wait (or says the ride op)

Comet- 5/10 I was expecting the ride to be more like Blue Streak at CP but besides the first drop the ride had minimal airtime. But hey it's 66 year old family coaster so i guess is shouldn't expect so much

Sooperdooperlooper- 6/10 Loop wasn't as intense as i thought it would be and it was only running one train at the beginning of the day. Nothing special

Great Bear- 7/10 Good invert but not as good as B:TR (SFGAm) or Raptor

Fahrenheit- 8/10 An hour wait with little shade in 90 degree weather. Not my cup of tea. Vertical Lift and 97 degree drop was fun and the ride had a decent amount of airtime but not as good as i thought it would be

Wild Mouse- 5/10 Kind of Rough. Don't really have much more to say about this one just your typical wild mouse

Lightening Racer- (Lightenting 8/10) (Thunder 7/10) Only one train per side and extremely slow dispatches. Luckily this line was as about as short as it could be. Good ride. The reason Thunder is rated below Lightenting is because somehow during the ride the lap bar slipped and i found myself stapled into the seat

Stormrunner- 9/10 Although short this ride had everything a good coaster should have. Loads of airtime, short waits, Launch, and great inversions. The flying snake dive had to be the best element i've been on in my 56 coasters.

Trailblazer- 5/10 Better than Cedar Creek Mine Ride but nothing great. Nearly empty station made me happy

Sidewinder- 7/10 Yes you read correctly I actually enjoyed this ride. Going backwards was a real treat and between the new trains and me bracing my entire body the ride wasn't bad

Wildcat- 3/10 Had the same problem as Thunder plus the ride was very rough. Reminded me of Mt Olympus. Easliy the worst ride in the park and i couldn't wait for it to be over

Skyrush- 9.5/10 I don't know how this happned but this ride's wait went form 2 and a half hours to 10-15 mins. This ride was jammed pack with ejector airtime. Every hill shot your out of your seat. Very good addition to HP

Now onto the pictures

I'm a jolly rancher!!!

INSANITY!!!

tribar

Postby Cole on June 2nd, 2012, 10:46 am
Does SkyRush rank as your #1 then?
Top 5: 1) El Toro. 2) Maverick. 3) Millenium Force. 4) Diamondback. 5) X2.
Coaster Count: 167 (41 Wood, 125 Steel)
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby tribar on June 2nd, 2012, 12:05 pm
^Yeah Magnum is 3 now
tribar

Postby BLADE on March 25th, 2013, 3:16 pm
I was at Hersheypark last July. I found Skyrush to be disappointing. One of those rides thats just too painful, I couldn't wait to get off. My favorite coaster there was Fahrenheit. Loved the vertical lift. I really think Universal should have had Intamin build the rip ride rocket.
Stormrunner and Great Bear were very good too.
I thought Wildcat and Lightning Racers were running excellant. I was very impressed with the smoothness from these 2 woodies, despite their age.
The shows were not Busch or Disney quality, but were solid.
The food was better than Six Flags.
Overall, I felt this park was better than Great America. It has a little worse roller coaster selection, but makes it up with food and shows. I really liked how you could walk in and out of the waterpark and not have to stand in line for it.
I definitely will go back someday.
BLADE

Return to Trip Reports