Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Advocate Day 4/29/2012

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby lord soth on April 29th, 2012, 9:45 am
The weather was not too kind for us today for the first private event of the 2012 season. It rained in the morning for a while but it stopped around 9, which was good because the park opened at 10am. Even though the rain stayed away for the day, it was very cold today. It seemed a lot colder than during FF days in October. The park was moderately crowded but not too bad as far as lines went. I think Superman had the longest line for most of the day due to running one train and slow load times. Dark Knight had a good line due to the fact it was indoors and folks could warm up a bit. There was a raunchy smell in the Dark Knight queue area like a sewer was backed up or something. It did not get better until after the video area, which was only playing on a small screen. RC was closed in the morning but opened later when it dried up, as did Whizzer. Batman ran 2 trains fine. V2 seats were new and ran normally. (no holding break) AE running blue side only, RB running 2 trains and Viper as well.

For the new 2012 updates:
Iron Wolf's station is still there but all signs are down and they relocated the singing stage from the GAR area to the from of IW queue

X-Flight has new merchandise. There are other new merch options for the other rides, V2, GD, etc... I also saw a blueprint for Roaring Rapids on a wall next to the AE and IW blueprint but did not see where to get one.

The fudge shoppe is gone and Trudy's expanded into the two areas with a new look to the building

X-Flight really looks great where it is at. To stand underneath it is just amazing. I can't wait to see the trains going buy overhead. The queue seems to be in the front that will be visible on the midway. (*I like rides that I can see the queue line to determine if the line is too long to wait or not.) There seems to be a sitting area or something to the left of the entrance. A crew was still working on the tower, welding panels on the front. I can't wait until the 12th.

lord soth

Postby UWW-10 on April 29th, 2012, 11:34 am
Good pictures of the X-Flight area! Seems like they went with some CF-esque fencing for the ride area.
UWW-10

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on April 29th, 2012, 1:25 pm
lord soth wrote:-Flight has new merchandise. There are other new merch options for the other rides, V2, GD, etc... I also saw a blueprint for Roaring Rapids on a wall next to the AE and IW blueprint but did not see where to get one.

I am confuesed. On the one X-Flight ashirt is says it's 13.5 stories tall (135 ft). But every where else it says it's 12 stories tall (120 ft). So what is the real height?
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby DejaVu2001 on April 29th, 2012, 1:34 pm
^ 120 feet. Leave it to Six Flags to mess up a shirt. :lol:
DejaVu2001

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on April 29th, 2012, 1:37 pm
I thought so, but you never know with Six Flags. Haha
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby FParker185 on April 29th, 2012, 8:13 pm
Well that sounds cool and all, but a story is not an actual unit of measurement, that's why parks like to use the term a lot. But in North America, one story can be anywhere from 8-25 feet or more. Being an electrician who has dealt with a lot of lighting, I'm been in many single story warehouses where the height of this single story is about 40 feet. So it would be 100% accurate to say that X Flight is 15 stories, it would also be 100% accurate to say X flight is 5 Stories. Both are equally nonsensical. Acually the best way to put it is X flight is 2 stories tall, that actually makes sense since you can stand on the footer at ground level, then the next floor up is the catwalk at the very top of the lift....

Story (American English) is any level part of a building that could be used by people (for living, work, storage, recreation, etc.). The plurals is stories.

The terms floor, level, or deck can also be used in this sense; except that one may use "ground floor" and "ground level" for the floor closer to what is considered the ground or street level, whereas "storey" is commonly used only for levels strictly above or below that level The words "storey" and "floor" also generally exclude levels of the building that have no roof, even if they are used by people—such as the terrace on the top roof of many buildings.

The height of each storey is based on the ceiling height of the rooms plus the thickness of the floors between each pain. Generally this is around ten feet or three metres total, however it varies widely from just under this figure to well over it. Storeys within a building need not be all the same height — often the lobby is more spacious, for example. Higher levels may be smaller in area than the ones beneath (a prominent feature of the Willis Tower).
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby gottastrata33 on April 29th, 2012, 10:15 pm
Awesome pics!! They are/have been puttin so much work into this ride, it looks absolutely beautiful. Makes me so happy!! Trudy's is lookin hot too!! ;D Lovin it all.
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby onyxhotel08 on April 29th, 2012, 10:27 pm
County Fair will never be the same. X Flight has brought new life to an area that really was only worth checking out if you were (are) a fan of American Eagle. Since we lost Splash Water Falls, that area really went downhill. Deja Vu being removed really was added salt on wounds because it was replaced by that ridiculous water ride. This new ride could not have come at a better time.

I do not know what sense there is to put Great America Idol next to IW station. That area has been dead for years. Is it there way to revive that little corner with people singing?
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby gottastrata33 on April 30th, 2012, 3:13 am
Keeping that station is just awk to me at this point. However, I feel I need to point out the CedarFair esque fencing to our new star attraction ;)
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby Stoogie on April 30th, 2012, 11:24 am
Why even keep that station there if they aren't going to use it within the next couple of years.
Candy: What you lookin' at?
Otis B. Driftwood: I'm lookin' at you, mama.
Candy: Yeah, you see something you like?
Otis B. Driftwood: Maybe. I set my standards pretty low, so I'm never disappointed.
Stoogie

Postby DejaVu2001 on April 30th, 2012, 11:30 am
^ Why take it out if nothing is going there yet? That's just the way Six Flags is. Nothing new either. Power Dive's queue, platform, and footers remained until King Chaos was added, and of course Splashwater Falls, Deja Vu queue, and Space Shuttle America.
DejaVu2001

Postby Galvan on April 30th, 2012, 5:42 pm
To be fair, Kings Dominion still has Hypersonic XLC's station standing and that ride was removed in 2007
Galvan

Postby FreezonEdgez on April 30th, 2012, 11:16 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:I do not know what sense there is to put Great America Idol next to IW station. That area has been dead for years. Is it there way to revive that little corner with people singing?

X-Flight is located where the stage was, so it can be assumed that it was in the way and needed to be moved.
FreezonEdgez

Postby Jcoaster95 on May 1st, 2012, 9:03 am
WHAT????? NO MORE FUDGE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :evil:
Gravity Group fan
Jcoaster95

Postby Stoogie on May 1st, 2012, 12:16 pm
AH FUDGE!!
Candy: What you lookin' at?
Otis B. Driftwood: I'm lookin' at you, mama.
Candy: Yeah, you see something you like?
Otis B. Driftwood: Maybe. I set my standards pretty low, so I'm never disappointed.
Stoogie

Postby Luxornv on May 1st, 2012, 11:04 pm
Stoogie wrote:Why even keep that station there if they aren't going to use it within the next couple of years.

Why take it out when it will cost more money to remove?
Luxornv

Return to Trip Reports