Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

PTR Six Flags Fiesta Texas 3/13/12 (Part 3 of 5)

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby DejaVu2001 on March 22nd, 2012, 7:46 am
We arrived at Six Flags Fiesta Texas around 9:00am. The park, as most people probably already know has a really neat location in an old quarry, and has cliffs all around the park. Like most Six Flags parks, the new ride, SkyScreamer had barely even started construction, and just had the very bottom piece installed.

One thing that really impressed me at SFFT (besides the theming), was their maintenance department. Every ride was open and running the maximum number of trains the second week of March. I have a lot of respect for the maintenance crew at Great America, but clearly something is wrong when we're still missing trains after Memorial Day.

Unfortunately, having all those trains ready was pointless. Six Flags Fiesta Texas had some of the slowest ride operators I have ever seen. Every ride stacked every cycle all day except Rattler (and thats just because Rattler is so long). Superman: Krypton Coaster stacked all 3 trains every cycle. The crews were truly pathetic.

Something else that I found really annoying at Superman: Krypton Coaster is the ride has B&M's big boy seats for larger riders, but they're in different rows on each of the 3 trains. My friend needed a big boy seat to have a chance at riding, so we kept waiting for the big boy seat in Row 6 on Train 3. Twice in a row, the ops let people from the exit take that row on that train. I just don't get it. If you are going to have big boy seats, they should be in the same spots on every train.

Boomerang: 1 train op, obviously, 0 minute wait (first ride of day). The ride was a Vekoma sit-down boomerang, so obviously it sucked. 3/10

Kiddee Koaster: 1 train op, 3 minute wait. Kiddie coaster located around (and over) their Krazy Kars. 5/10

Poltergeist: 2 train op, 5 minute wait. Premier launch coaster. On Mr. Freeze (SFSTL) and FOF (KI), I found the trains combined with the forces just felt uncomfortable, so I was surprised to actually enjoy Poltergeist since it is the exact same ride (except for not having a Block Brake) as Flight of Fear at Kings Island. 8/10

Rattler: 2 train op, 2 hour and 6 minute wait. Right when we got up to the station, the ride went down. The train wouldn't advance into the station. Large wooden coaster. A lot of people complain about how rough this ride is but it actually wasn't bad at all. However, the trim brakes were on really hard and made the helix on top of the cliff just ridiculously slow. The tunnel through the cliff was neat. 7/10

Road Runner Express: 2 train op, 30 minute wait. Arrow Mine Train. Typical mine train helped greatly by its location. The ride also had really fast chain lifts. 8/10

Pandemonium: 7 car op, 60 minute wait. Gerstlauer spinning coaster. 7/10

Goliath: 2 train op, 3 minute wait. Mirror image Batman clone. Also the only B&M to be relocated twice. 8/10

Superman: Krypton Coaster. 3 train op, 80 minute wait. B&M floorless coaster. The ride is in a really neat location with 2 drops off the cliff, but you really don't notice it that much on the ride. It is also slightly rough for a B&M 8/10

Entrance

SkyScreamer

Railroad tunnel

KIDZOPOLIS

Whirligig

Rockville

Hustler

Poltergeist
Won't be ad-free for long

Amerigoround

Crazy Buffalo

Totally Kickin' Chicken

Instead of stickers on garbage cans, they just put these signs on fences and buildings

SFGAm should really put one of these in front of Buccaneer Battle :wink:

Scream

Rattler

Boomerang

Superman: Krypton Coaster
Support on the cliff

Railroad
Last edited by DejaVu2001 on March 22nd, 2012, 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
DejaVu2001

Postby DejaVu2001 on March 22nd, 2012, 8:14 am
Road Runner Express
Control panel

Fiesta Texas removed their Enterprise this year

Goliath

Something slightly off with this shirt

Pandemonium

SFFT's Zamperla Galleon is SBNO this year blocked off with a wooden wall

For some reason, their bumper cars are split into 2 separate floors

Additional photos:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 451&type=3
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 451&type=3
DejaVu2001

Postby Ilovthevu' on April 6th, 2012, 1:03 am
Wow, I'm just shocked that Batman and Poltergeist are so empty unless did you go on those rides right at the beginning? I'm also shocked that people like Rattler that much. I thought people hated that ride..

I hate when parks take out flats when they don't have enough to begin with. According to Six Flags Fiesta Online, they say this park has 9 plus the Scooby-Doo ride and that train that you shown in the pictures. I hate to say this, but Great America could take away one flat, and we would still be the top Six Flags with the most flats except for maybe Mexico, so it's not that terrible. This park hardly has any, and they aren't operating the one ride, and the other ride is gone. Out of the parks I can think of, Cedar Point beats SFGAm though with flats.

Would you go back to this park again?
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Return to Trip Reports