Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Fright Fest Closing Day 10-30-11

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby RBullFan97 on November 7th, 2011, 7:49 am
I know I'm sort of late to the party here, but I thought I'd post the last trip of the season.
So I got to the park around 3:30 and had about 5 and a half hours to wrap the season up. I started the day on the Condor which was no more than a one cycle wait. Afterwards I went to King Chaos which was very short, too, but that's when it started to rain pretty hard. We camped out in Johnny Rockets for about 15 minutes when I decided to go on Big Easy Balloons. Ragin' Cajun was closed, so that was out. I did the East River Crawler to the sound of some nice rock, but it was still raining. Both V2 and Batman were testing. Fortunately, right as we passed V2, they opened it up, and got on within about 10 minutes. Finally a roller coaster. :twisted: Immediately afterward I got a nice ride on Batman with about a 20 minute wait. Little Dipper and Spacely's were closed, so nothing for me in Yukon Territory. All that remained of Iron Wolf was about two thirds of the lift hill and the station. It was pretty sad, but hey, we're getting X-Flight next year! After Fiddler's Flung, I got a walk on for the American Eagle Row 13! This is probably in the running for best ride of the 2011 season. It is such a fun ride, and it actually hurt in the pounding rain! Red Side ended up winning because red side is awesome. :wink: Also, this did break the record of number of rides per season. Last year I had 219, AE was 220! After that I got a nice 25 minute wait for Raging Bull back row, but I'm not done. I got first row on the Viper was also a walk on, and the Orbit was really fun with all the strobe lights. Then I got 2 in a row on the Demon which was a great experience. When I got over to the Whizzer, it was still closed from the rain which had stopped about 20 minutes earlier. I waited it out by the sign, and got on instantly third row! The Whizzer is always best at night. When I got to the Giant Drop, it was around 8:00, and they were still running only 3 cars, but they brought all six down for the last hour. :mrgreen: I got a nice ride on Car 43, of course. Finally, I had to end the season on Bull, and what better way to do it than on the back row! Great way to end a great season!
So, to sum up the season, I went to the park about 18 times. Here are the coaster totals:
AE Red: 9
AE Blue: 5
Batman: 13
Dark Knight: 5
Demon: 18
Iron Wolf: 14 (four on my last day on it)
Little Dipper: 6
Ragin' Cajun: 4
Raging Bull: 16
Spacely's: 3
Superman: 4
V2: 3
Viper: 8
Whizzer: 14
And with all the rides added up for 2011:
Total Ride Count: 228
Overall, it was a great season. I reached my goal of 200 rides and to beat last years amount of 219, and I did this in less trips. I don't think I've had a better season. Thanks 2011! See you opening day SFGAm!
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Return to Trip Reports