Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster to Fiesta Texas!

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby maxwellt on August 3rd, 2017, 11:34 am
Wow! Was not expecting the announcement for Fiesta Texas today! Share your thoughts on this new coaster, world's first single rail coaster!

https://youtu.be/yqFnpw1reys

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby maxwellt on August 3rd, 2017, 11:46 am
I know I'm double posting but this opens up to multiple rmcs at one park, I don't want sfgam to get a raptor because capacity would be God awful, but I could possibly see a Trex coming in the future

maxwellt

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 3rd, 2017, 11:54 am
It looks like a cool coaster!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby staticshadows on August 3rd, 2017, 12:50 pm
Opens in early March with 3 trains and a moving loading station. RMC previously claimed the 3 train version would have a capacity of 600 people per hour.
http://attractionsmagazine.com/wonder-woman-golden-lasso-coaster-coming-six-flags-fiesta-texas-2018/
Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster will feature three single seat trains (in themed colors of red, yellow and blue) that race along a slender yellow track I-beam track no wider than 15.5 inches, held up by red supports. As guests enter the Themyscira-themed queue, they will be greeted by a likeness of Wonder Woman herself and immersed in the story of her life and how she obtained her super powers. Guests will be surrounded by tropical landscaping, Greek architecture, and even Steve Trevor’s crashed plane. A moving loading station will be used to expedite entering and exiting the ride.

After boarding their streamlined ride vehicle, riders will climb a 113-foot hill before experiencing a 100-foot straight-down 90-degree drop, two airtime hills, one 180-degree stall, overbanked wave turns, a zero-g roll, and a steep uphill spiral. This is the first ride to use the new RMC Raptor single track design from Rocky Mountain Construction, which Six Flags VP and chief corporate engineer Larry Chickola says should create a “crazy smooth” and “crazy fun” ride, with “extremely quick twists and turns – quicker and smoother than regular coasters.”

http://m.mysanantonio.com/business/local/article/
Wonder Woman will join Batman and Superman with her first roller coaster ever, debuting next spring at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, the San Antonio park announced Thursday.

Construction on the Golden Lasso Coaster began in July, park president Jeffrey Siebert said in a phone interview. The ride is slated to open in early March, in time for the start of the summer tourism season.
staticshadows

Postby maxwellt on August 3rd, 2017, 1:59 pm
600 pph for our park would be a nightmare, but I mean, for fiesta Texas it might not be that bad, but then again I do not know how big of crowds that park gets

maxwellt

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 3rd, 2017, 2:21 pm
This looks amazing! Could it count as a Dive coaster?? One thing though is that you're not sitting next to anyone, so if a parent wanted to ride with their child or a husband/wife you won't be riding "together". Just something to consider. Also, given it rides on 1 rail, I wonder if there's a weight limit?

As for capacity I can't imagine this thing have more than 240 pph.
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on August 3rd, 2017, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 3rd, 2017, 2:35 pm
In the video, the coaster is on top of a lake. Maybe if we get one it'll be in Yankee Clipper and/or Vertical Velocity's spot over the water. :)
SFGAM_Hog

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 3rd, 2017, 3:44 pm
I've been to Fiesta Texas several times now. First was for the opening of their 4d a few years back and in the middle of July this park is pretty empty because most people head into the water park. At least that's always been when I've been there. I waited only about 20 mins that opening year for Batman and Iron Rattler was basically walk into the station every time.

So I think this coaster will work fine for this park. I definitely would hope they would give us a T-Rex or a larger model somehow with more trains if we were ever to get one.

I'm really curious now what the World's First Attraction is that Great Adventure announced will actually be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby FParker185 on August 3rd, 2017, 4:08 pm
Deja Vu maxed out at 400 an hour. I'd expect this coaster to be similar. Looks like a fun ride though, may try to sneak a trip to texas into my plans for next year. Wonder if any flights to Japan or South Korea have Layovers in TX? :)
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 4th, 2017, 9:33 pm
Have there been any pictures of what the moving station will look like?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Tardis1972 on October 20th, 2017, 11:00 am
It's been a while since anyone posted here but the first truckload of supports have arrived at the park. Now what's really interesting is once construction starts it was stated that WWGLC would be fully installed in 8 weeks as that is the deal the park signed with RMC. The trains will arrive in January with testing to follow. The park is targering March 10th as the expected opening day of the ride.
Tardis1972

Return to General Coaster Talk