Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

RMC 2017

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby Mean Streaker on September 2nd, 2016, 2:00 pm
Since Six Flags isn't doing anything with RMC this year what will RMC be working on for 2017? Has there been any confirmed locations?

I know they make the Freespin track but I doubt that's the only thing they are doing for next year.
Mean Streaker

Postby RollingCoasting on September 2nd, 2016, 4:05 pm
Probably not at any big parks, maybe an independent one. If we don't hear anything in the next month, then most likely no
RollingCoasting

Postby Tardis1972 on September 2nd, 2016, 4:20 pm
^ I remember reading somewhere that Kennywood might be next in line to receive a RMC. I can't remember where I read it though.
Tardis1972

Postby maxwellt on September 4th, 2016, 1:24 pm
I heard somewhere that RMC is working to put out their first trex in 2017, don't quote me on it tho

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby astucks18 on September 4th, 2016, 1:46 pm
I've heard rumors that Silverwood is supposedly receiving a RMC next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
astucks18

Postby Mean Streaker on September 4th, 2016, 3:16 pm
Does anyone still think Mean Streak will be RMCed for 2017? It seems like those rumors have died like they do every year.
Mean Streaker

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 4th, 2016, 3:20 pm
It's too big a project to do for 2017. And right after Valravn, it's much more likely for 2018

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Mean Streaker on September 4th, 2016, 3:22 pm
That's exactly what I thought. But why close it now? Why tell us they might make another announcement after Mean Streak closes?
Mean Streaker

Postby RaceBoarder on September 4th, 2016, 6:17 pm
Mean Streaker wrote:That's exactly what I thought. But why close it now? Why tell us they might make another announcement after Mean Streak closes?

They did... They've made a point to focus on the night of Mean Streak's closure for more info...

Edit: By announcing later, it'll give them more GP talk as we head onto the off season. CP's announcement will be the freshest...
RaceBoarder

Postby stergmi on September 5th, 2016, 6:33 am
RaceBoarder wrote:
Mean Streaker wrote:That's exactly what I thought. But why close it now? Why tell us they might make another announcement after Mean Streak closes?

They did... They've made a point to focus on the night of Mean Streak's closure for more info...

Edit: By announcing later, it'll give them more GP talk as we head onto the off season. CP's announcement will be the freshest...

Valravn was announced mid-September too I believe

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby Mean Streaker on September 5th, 2016, 9:59 am
stergmi wrote:
RaceBoarder wrote:

Valravn was announced mid-September too I believe

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They did that because of the Raptor accident. They didn't want bad publicity so they waited until the press died down.

It makes sense to wait to make an announcement. It will definitely hype the closure.
Mean Streaker

Postby Tardis1972 on September 6th, 2016, 10:30 am
RMC staff(Alan Schilke and Fred Grubb) were at Kennywood this weekend. We all know Kennywood would never I-Box any of their classic woodies though so if I had to guess I would say it's either going to be a Topple Track or TRex /Raptor.
Tardis1972

Postby Mean Streaker on September 7th, 2016, 12:53 am
Tardis1972 wrote:Topple Track

Lol

But seriously RMC better not touch those classic coasters.
Mean Streaker

Postby Tardis1972 on September 7th, 2016, 9:56 pm
I don't think they would.
Tardis1972

Return to General Coaster Talk