Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

St Louis expectations

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby jcrowwi on August 9th, 2016, 8:40 am
We are planning on making a trip to St Louis this Friday and Saturday 8/12 and 8/13. What should I expect in comparison to Great America? Crowd levels, quality of food with dining pass, lines, are the rides worth it, is there an order of what we should do at opening? Since it is included in our memberships we thought we would travel a bit farther instead of going to our home park of SFGAM. Are we going to regret our decision or is it worth the trip?
jcrowwi

Postby Tardis1972 on August 9th, 2016, 2:57 pm
I was there this past Saturday for only 6 hours (3-9) and I was able to ride every coaster except Ninja (because of VR) and Boomerang (closed). The lines were very short and for the most part station waits only. The operations were very good as well. Didn't eat there so I can't answer your dinning pass question. As for the park it self I would say it is aimed more towards families. So with that I think your be fine to do it. But I would check their even calendar to make sure there are no events going on that weekend.
Tardis1972

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 14th, 2016, 2:10 pm
I've had season passes since 2013 and still havnt been to SFStl... And have no idea when I'll visit. Still missing the credits but I know at some point in time I'll get them. Maybe after they add a coaster.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby stergmi on August 15th, 2016, 1:26 pm
Whatever your expectations are, lower them.

-Boomerang is closed.
-Superman Tower of Power is closed.
-Tidal Wave (their Shoot the Chutes) is closed
-Justice League is suffers downtime and broken SFX.
-Tsunami Soaker (spinning tea cups with water guns al la Bucky) has several broken water guns.

The park is also super short staffed at the moment too.
stergmi

Postby CoasterCale on September 7th, 2016, 1:28 pm
SFStL is my favorite Six Flags. Great park with great coasters and friendly staff.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Return to General Coaster Talk