Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Six Flags America

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby stergmi on May 26th, 2016, 12:27 pm
Anyone been here recently? I'm stuck in the DC area for work and figured I'd go on Memorial Day to revisit Iron Wolf.

I can't find any fan pages or message boards though so I'm not sure if anyone here has an idea on standard wait times here?
stergmi

Postby JaminOut on May 26th, 2016, 12:34 pm
Lines should remain relatively short for the majority of rides. Some major ones my get to 45 minutes. Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby [jonrev] on May 27th, 2016, 2:38 am
A few years ago I recall it was the bottom of the Six Flags barrel in terms of ride quality and park upkeep, but I'd go solely for Apocalypse.
[jonrev]

Postby stergmi on May 27th, 2016, 5:19 pm
[jonrev] wrote:A few years ago I recall it was the bottom of the Six Flags barrel in terms of ride quality and park upkeep, but I'd go solely for Apocalypse.

I have a gold pass with dining so it's a free trip to me. Coaster line up looks weak. Definitely just going for Wolf and Roar and everything else is gravy.
stergmi

Postby stergmi on May 27th, 2016, 5:21 pm
I'm actually more excited for King's Dominion. Which I'll do the day before America
stergmi

Postby [jonrev] on May 27th, 2016, 10:43 pm
Kings Dominion is a really nice park with a fairly solid coaster/flat lineup. Their wood all sucks, but I-305 alone makes up for three bad coasters. Dominator is fun, too.
[jonrev]

Postby stergmi on May 28th, 2016, 1:01 pm
[jonrev] wrote:Kings Dominion is a really nice park with a fairly solid coaster/flat lineup. Their wood all sucks, but I-305 alone makes up for three bad coasters. Dominator is fun, too

I heard they need major renovations to Grizzly and Rebel Yell over the last few years. Hurler is currently closed and presumed to get the same renovation this year and reopen for 2017
stergmi

Postby stergmi on May 28th, 2016, 5:32 pm
Ok, this park is pretty awful
stergmi

Postby RaceBoarder on May 28th, 2016, 8:09 pm
stergmi wrote:Ok, this park is pretty awful

Best.
Endorsement.
EVER!

:lol:
RaceBoarder

Postby stergmi on May 29th, 2016, 6:54 am
RaceBoarder wrote:
stergmi wrote:Ok, this park is pretty awful

Best.
Endorsement.
EVER!

:lol:

Pretty sure the announcement when I walked in was "Welcome to Six Flags America, the nation's thrill capital. Where this Memorial Day weekend we're celebrating with operating one train per ride while also training out staff. Enjoy your 10 minutes between dispatches!"
stergmi

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 29th, 2016, 11:28 am
It's the one consistent thing about the park.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterCale on June 2nd, 2016, 8:50 am
The only complaint I have about the park is that there were a lot of One Train Operations. Superman is still in my top five steel coasters to this day and Batwing is soo much better than the B&M Flying clones. I hear so much crap about this park, but nobody should be complaining until they've visited La Ronde. That was truly a horrendous park.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby stergmi on June 7th, 2016, 3:12 pm
CoasterCale wrote:The only complaint I have about the park is that there were a lot of One Train Operations. Superman is still in my top five steel coasters to this day and Batwing is soo much better than the B&M Flying clones. I hear so much crap about this park, but nobody should be complaining until they've visited La Ronde. That was truly a horrendous park.

I can't stand the Flying Dutchmen models. The chest restraints always feel too loose and I'm too nervous riding them. I don't like getting laid down into position or chaining up on my back either. I've down both Firehawk and Batwing and feel the same about both.
stergmi

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on June 7th, 2016, 9:46 pm
Went to SFA in 2014. Wasn't a terrible. I agree though, the major compliant is one train operations. However with that, the longest line I waited in all day was 20-30 minutes for Superman. Most were 15. Superman is one of my top 15 and it was my chance to ride Iron Wolf, something I had not done during its reign at SFGAm.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterCale on June 9th, 2016, 8:57 am
I never waited moire than ten including Superman. Granted I visited on a weekday. :)
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby maxwellt on July 15th, 2016, 9:48 pm
[jonrev] wrote:A few years ago I recall it was the bottom of the Six Flags barrel in terms of ride quality and park upkeep, but I'd go solely for Apocalypse.

I've never gone to SFA, but I feel like they've gotten better. Yeah, there coaster lineup isn't the best, but they got a hyper, flying Dutchman, spagetti bowl, gci and more. And they got I think like 40 flats, so its great for families. And I heard that employees have gotten nicer and the overall park has transformed to a new six flags park since the past few years

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on July 22nd, 2016, 11:27 pm
Yet the evacuated the park for suspicious packages a couple days ago (or week? I'm on vacation I don't know the full story). Not a great rep.
Dan The Coaster Man

Return to General Coaster Talk