Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

OT St. Louis Opening Weekend

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby RollerCoasterFavRide on March 12th, 2016, 11:25 am
I'm considering going to St. Louis for their opening weekend. Do you think it'll be packed? I remember SFGAM last year was ridiculous and nearly impossible to get on any rides. If St. Louis is going to be like that I'm not sure it's worth the drive/hotel stay.

Thoughts?
RollerCoasterFavRide

Postby CoasterDave316 on March 12th, 2016, 12:09 pm
I wouldn't be too concerned with crowds at Six Flags St. Louis. In my many visits there, I have only seen the park packed once. Most of the time you can ride all the coasters multiple times by 3 or 4pm without a problem.

It is easily worth the drive.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 12th, 2016, 2:19 pm
I would go. It's not in as densely packed of an area as GAm is. Have fun!

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollerCoasterFavRide on March 12th, 2016, 4:07 pm
Thank you both for your replies! That definitely sounds worth it! :)

I really didn't want to drive 5-6 hours, pay for a hotel, etc only to get on a few rides because it's opening weekend.
RollerCoasterFavRide

Postby Coaster Justin on March 12th, 2016, 5:42 pm
Ride Justice League first thing.

Also remember that with a Six Flags dining pass, You get free food at St. Louis too.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterCale on March 12th, 2016, 9:16 pm
The only times I've visited SFStL have been Opening Weekend or the weekend after. I've never had any problems. Don't be surprised to see one train operations on most coasters, but it shouldn't matter. That's how it was during my visits and still got on everything, nothing was more than a stairs wait. Love the park because of this. Not to mention it houses Screamin Eagle and American Thunder, which are both in my top ten.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby stockboy300 on March 25th, 2016, 7:34 pm
Went to Six Flags St. Louis. For opening day. Got on just about everything with no problem. The Boss coaster was closed due to cold temperatures. Crowd's weren't to bad but getting food and refills had long wait times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
stockboy300

Postby stockboy300 on March 25th, 2016, 8:21 pm
The other problem I encountered was i wanted to add gold dinning to my gold pass and was told I couldn't. Because my my gold pass was issued at GA they couldn't add dinning. So anyone thinking about doing this you can not. So no food at the park for me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
stockboy300

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on March 25th, 2016, 9:34 pm
^ cold be worse. When I was activating my 2016 season pass, a lady was trying to activate hers but they wouldn't let her because she bought them on Six Flags America's website. Hope she didn't have to go to Maryland just for that lol
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterCale on March 28th, 2016, 8:35 am
Yeah just play it safe and get a pass at your homepark and get it processed with all the add-ons you like before visiting another park.

CoasterCale

Postby RollerCoasterFavRide on March 29th, 2016, 1:23 pm
We also went and it was fun. We got on the Boss on Saturday afternoon and it was worth the wait! We got on quite a few rides, but we didn't even attempt to go on Justice League.

The worst part was the food lines. We had another person come with us and they have a membership. We tried to attach their season dining to the membership and after 2 hours in line and some rude people with EAP's cutting in front of us we were told it wasn't possible. I spent 1/4 of our day in that line. :/

We got a snack on Saturday afternoon and it took over an hour in a line to get pretzels and nachos. We didn't use our dining pass for any meals because it was ridiculous!

Overall, it was fun and worth the 5 or so hour drive (we're in SE Wisconsin). The weather was great for the parks and the kids had lots of fun riding on different coasters.
RollerCoasterFavRide

Postby CoasterCale on March 31st, 2016, 8:13 am
Hmmm... That's odd. I never had any problems with food lines and I was there all three days. However, I am also realistic and conservative about which lines I actually stay in. So I guess that might also be part of the reason I didn't have problems. Oh well. :roll:

CoasterCale

Postby RollerCoasterFavRide on March 31st, 2016, 8:50 am
The lines on Friday were okay for food. We just grabbed a snack and it took maybe 10 min. The lines on Saturday around 3ish were terrible! I thought it would be okay since lunch was nearly done and dinner wasn't quite there yet, but it was bad.

I did take the survey they sent and mentioned that if they can't get the lines to a reasonable level they really need to allow people to bring in snacks. If we had some peanut butter crackers or something the kids would have done so much better and I would have skipped the snack line.
RollerCoasterFavRide

Postby FParker185 on March 31st, 2016, 9:35 pm
Lines at Lions choice a mile or so away from the park are always reasonable.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Return to General Coaster Talk