Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Cedar Point and Intamin?

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby stockboy300 on September 14th, 2015, 4:03 pm
I always though Intamin made Cedar point famous. Why all of a sudden are they going with B&M? Just curious if RMC is taking a lot of there thunder!! Is B&M the safe purchase known for reliability? Just seems like to me they are not building many coasters recently.
stockboy300

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 14th, 2015, 5:11 pm
It's not just Cedar Point, it's all of Cedar Fair.

Intamin has made phenomenal rides in recent years(i.e SkyRush, Maverick, i305, etc), but they've had their own problems. SkyRush has needed many train modifications, countless breakdowns, and a very heavy train needed for repairs each year. I305 needed re-profiling, trimming on the first drop, and the ride was literally melting the wheels. Kingda Ka has had so many breakdowns I can't describe how bad it was. V2 has loads of problems like the fact that the brakes deploy prematurely. And last but not least, Falcon's Fury was a mechanical nightmare, to the point where they had time to repaint the tower(at least the blue-orange transition), and still have time to open it by September.

Not to mention the ridiculous price tag Intamin puts on a lot of their rides.

So in simple terms, Intamin has had a bad reputation lately.

And I'd also like to argue that the Intamins didn't make Cedar Point famous. The coaster that really put CP on the map I think was Magnum XL 200. Wilderness Run isn't a record setter. ;)

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby stockboy300 on September 14th, 2015, 5:29 pm
The star's of the show are definitely intamin's at CP!
stockboy300

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 14th, 2015, 5:33 pm
^I know that, but Magnum put CP on the map. The Intamins just made it a larger dot.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby stockboy300 on September 14th, 2015, 6:02 pm
I just really like intamin they seem to push the limits. I use to think a coaster had to be big to be fun but Maverick is one of the funnest coasters I have been on. The new restraints made it even better.
stockboy300

Postby CoasterCale on September 14th, 2015, 7:03 pm
I mean that's true. Coasters don't have to be tall to have fun, but I would say Blue Streak is a better example.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 14th, 2015, 7:10 pm
Or Viper here. The back row is a bliss to ride.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby FParker185 on September 15th, 2015, 2:07 am
here's the thing, Intamin was big at Cedar Fair due to Dick Kinzel. They'd build an Intamin ride and it'd fail to meet any and all expectations in the maintenance sense, so Intamin would go to cedar fair and say, "Well we know we screwed that ride up really bad, so we'll give you a huge discount on your next ride", so Kinzel would be all like "OK", then that ride would be a total failure...rinse..repeat. The new management basically told Intamin that their rides aren't worth a $hi+, and that was the end of that. Finally common sense prevails.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Coaster Justin on October 4th, 2015, 9:54 am
FParker185 wrote:here's the thing, Intamin was big at Cedar Fair due to Dick Kinzel. They'd build an Intamin ride and it'd fail to meet any and all expectations in the maintenance sense, so Intamin would go to cedar fair and say, "Well we know we screwed that ride up really bad, so we'll give you a huge discount on your next ride", so Kinzel would be all like "OK", then that ride would be a total failure...rinse..repeat. The new management basically told Intamin that their rides aren't worth a $hi+, and that was the end of that. Finally common sense prevails.

Wonder if the same thing happened with Mondial and their Wind-Seek-It-and-then-break-down-ers
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby stergmi on April 20th, 2016, 12:03 am
FParker185 wrote:here's the thing, Intamin was big at Cedar Fair due to Dick Kinzel. They'd build an Intamin ride and it'd fail to meet any and all expectations in the maintenance sense, so Intamin would go to cedar fair and say, "Well we know we screwed that ride up really bad, so we'll give you a huge discount on your next ride", so Kinzel would be all like "OK", then that ride would be a total failure...rinse..repeat. The new management basically told Intamin that their rides aren't worth a $hi+, and that was the end of that. Finally common sense prevails.

I think that common sense kicked in when Shoot the Rapids almost killed 7 people. On the first lift hill.
stergmi

Return to General Coaster Talk