Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Best roller coasters at SFGAm for a first time visitor

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby XFlight84 on September 8th, 2015, 9:56 am
Hey everyone its me, I have a question that I want to ask and my question is what are the best roller coasters for a first time visitor to Six Flags Great America? In other words what are some of your favorites which ones would you recommend?
XFlight84

Postby Jodon on September 8th, 2015, 1:12 pm
I'm assuming that you are tall enough and willing to ride all of the coasters at SFGAm.

I would start with coasters that are unique to the park, like Whizzer, Goliath, American Eagle, X-Flight, and Raging Bull. After that, I'd strongly suggest riding Batman in it's original iteration, Viper, and the classic Demon. V2 and Superman are worth riding if you haven't been on an inverted impulse coaster or a flying coaster, but there are clones of both of these rides at most Six Flags properties. Dark Knight should be ridden if you want the credit or the line is very short...Little Dipper is a fun jr. woodie that has some cool history to it, but the line for that can be ridiculous and isn't very thrilling. Spacely's is a decent kiddie coaster, but everyone can ride, so if you want that credit too, go for it.

If you have the time, give both sides of Eagle a try, as the return from the double helix are quite different from each other. Personally I prefer the red side as there are more hills on the return than the blue side. Outside of coasters, I would try to ride some of the classic flat rides like Triple Play, Condor, Carousel, and Fiddlers Fling. I think Giant Drop is worth a ride as well and typically doesn't have much of a line.
Jodon

Postby RollingCoasting on September 8th, 2015, 6:26 pm
I think this should be in the SFGAm forum, since it's related to SFGAm.
RollingCoasting

Return to General Coaster Talk