Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Coaster Club Advice/Recommendations

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby Jodon on August 21st, 2015, 9:52 am
I'm in the market for a new coaster club. I'm relatively new to the "enthusiast" world and have been a member of Club TPR for the past two seasons. The more I experience the interactions and behaviors of Robb Alvey, the more difficult time I have justifying giving Robb Alvey my money. I find this unfortunate as TPR forums are the most active nation wide forums I've seen and TPR's ride videos are the best on the internet. I went to Holiwood Nights this past year and had a blast, but would be embarrassed whenever someone would ask what group I was with due to the behaviors and actions of Club TPR's staff. I wish I could get all the benefits of TPR without having to deal with TPR's current leadership.

Here's what I'm looking for in a new coaster club: active nationwide forums, access to Holiwood Nights and other events, park discounts (though I've found that TPR's discounts only save a few dollars over a parks cheapest internet prices, so this may not be very important in the long run).

So here's my question to all of you: What coaster club do you belong to? Why? What are the benefits of that club over other clubs? Does your club have active forums? What is the cost to join? Any other information I can't think of right now?

Thanks!
Jodon

Postby FParker185 on August 21st, 2015, 3:33 pm
depends what you're looking for in a club, ACE of course is the biggest and most expensive, but they always have a ton of events (just not around here), great national conventions and great international trips. Only downside is it costs either $60 or $65 a year
http://aceonline.org

If you want to be part of a club basically just to get into park sponsored events, I'd recommend Great Ohio Coaster Club, I think the membership dues are $20 with publications and they are recognized by pretty much all parks, and they do have a decent amount of discounts at parks like IB, HW, Beech Bend, Dollywood, etc. And they also have a few events a year which are worth doing, and not just in Ohio. Now they do also offer a $15 membership that includes just the electronic versions of their publications, but keep in mind that would exclude you from doing events such as Holiwood Nights, park has a policy of if you don't pay $20 a year, it's not a legitimate club and not recognized.
http://greatohiocc.org/
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 21st, 2015, 5:00 pm
CoasterForce is free, has quite a few park meetups(Lives they call them) in both the US and Europe. Has an insanely active forum, and has an overall great community.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Return to General Coaster Talk