Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Your 2015 Theme Park Plans

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby Jackluver18 on July 22nd, 2015, 9:58 am
I'm finally going to Holiday World in about 2 weeks. I heard it's a nice park. My friends have been there and they said it's really nice. I know they don't have many coasters but that's okay. I'm going for 2 days and I was told to try the water park. I may try it..we'll have to see.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby FParker185 on July 22nd, 2015, 6:05 pm
Dry park is pretty basic, half-3/4 day park at best. Waterpark is really where all the action is.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Jackluver18 on July 22nd, 2015, 6:17 pm
I heard Mammoth and Wildebeest are good. Now that I have hit KI and soon HW, Cedar Point is my next theme park
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 22nd, 2015, 8:44 pm
Leaving for Holiday World, probably SFStL, and maybe KK on Monday. I'm also going to visit Purdue, U of I, and St. Louis Arch.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Tardis1972 on July 25th, 2015, 9:39 am
Time for a update
So Far
Great America a few times
Cedar Point- Was there June 12-14
SFOG- Went Wednesday(Had my season pass)
Carowinds- Yesterday
I've been in Augusta since Tuesday so that's why I went to both parks.
I don't think I'll be going anywhere else besides Great America now the rest of the summer.
Tardis1972

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on July 25th, 2015, 9:24 pm
I guess I'll update too.

I've been to SFGAm 4 times this season, opposed to 6 visits by this date last season. However, I have had 6 scheduled trips for this year that have been canceled. It's really frustrating. I'll make plans to go 2 weeks in advance, but once the date is near it gets canceled. Last season I only had one canceled trip.

I went to Holiday World for a single day. I got just about everything done except Mammoth. I am a dry park guy, and I really don't care about water parks honestly, but I had to go in Splashin Safari. I don't regret it.

I spent about 20 minutes inside Kings Island one night and the next day I was there from 9:30-8:00. It was a blast!

Over a 3 day span, I was probably inside Cedar Point for 20 hours. I got everything done though! The weather scared the crowds away, but Mother Nature had her turn in a few rain showers.

If all goes to plan, I'll be going to Michigan's Adventure and Worlds of Fun later this season. Right now it's really up in the air, but Busch Gardens Tampa is in the mix. We'll see how it plays out.

And of course I'll make sure to get out to SFGAm whenever possible!
Last edited by Dan The Coaster Man on July 27th, 2015, 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterCale on July 25th, 2015, 10:07 pm
I'll go with the flow and update as well. I've made 15 visits to SFGAm so far. Spent three days at SDC in April, as well as one at SFStL. Finally Holiday World a couple of weeks ago for one and a half operating days. The only park in the works besides SFGAm at this point are Bay Beach, Nickelodeon Universe and Valleyfair, all in August.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 20th, 2015, 12:42 am
I potentially have an interesting decision to make. For an upcoming 3 day weekend I can choose what park (somewhat nearby) to go to. I've definitely decided to go to a Cedar Fair park, because this year I have the Platinum Pass and will most likely not be repurchasing one. I already went to CP, KI, and Michigan's Adventure. So I'm stuck between Canada's Wonderland, Dorney Park, and Carowinds. What do you guys think? To me, the obvious choice is Carowinds. But that is the longest drive, and is a bit too much for a 3 day weekend. It's do able but difficult. And honestly I don't know if I would rather go to Canada's Wondeland or Dorney Park. What do you guys think?
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby JaminOut on September 20th, 2015, 9:20 am
If you've never gone to Canada's Wonderland, definitely go there. It's pretty much the Cedar Point of Canada. Though I've never been there, it's 2nd on my to do list (Only to MM).

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby CoasterCale on September 20th, 2015, 9:28 pm
I have a Platinum Pass as well but got it late. (Literally weeks ago.) Anyways, I would love to go to Canada's Wonderland. Hopefully I'll hit it next year. So with my pass, I'm going back to Valleyfair and returning to the Point for the first time in two years. Both will be during their Haunts.

CoasterCale

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on October 19th, 2015, 7:29 pm
Need some more insight. My family just got a RV, so going to parks will be a lot more frequently! Anyways, my family is talking a trip sometime around or after Thanksgiving. They really want to go to Dollywood. I would love to go to Dollywood, as I have never been there, but they can not gurentee me we would go back for Lightning Rod right away. So I have been thinking of trying to talk them into Silver Dollar City. However, now I'm having second thoughts. SDC is great, I've been there before and it's where I became "coaster crazy". But even if we went to SDC, we really wouldn't have time for Dolkywood next year. So do you think I should go to Dollywood or Silver Dollar City? If I go to SDC I risk not going to Dollywood at all until 2017. But if I go to Dollywood now they won't have Lightning Rod! Its a great park already but I would want to wait for the RMC.

Also, could you guys help me list off some nearby (like a 8 hour radius from Chicago) parks that are open through Christmas? The only parks that come to my mind are SDC, Dollywood, and Mall of America.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on October 19th, 2015, 7:37 pm
^I'd say Dollywood. New experiences>new coaster. You can always go back. As for other parks, I think Hersheypark and BGW are open.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterCale on October 20th, 2015, 12:59 pm
In all honesty, I have to disagree. I held off going to Kentucky Kingdom this year because an inside source let me know that they were getting an RMC the following year. Of course, I still got new experiences and a new coaster at Holiday World but still. Probably the largest example I can give is holding off my Disney Trip until Seven Dwarfs for-sure was open.

CoasterCale

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on October 20th, 2015, 2:37 pm
Well, if you won't have another chance for 2 years, you might as well go now, and go back at the next opportunity. Also,

GET CINNAMON BREAD!

And try doing Mystery Mine and FCE first, as they get the longest lines, followed by Tennessee Tornado. Then do Wild Eagle because it's close, then go back and get Thunderhead. If you want, the kiddie cred is in the County Fair area.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterCale on October 20th, 2015, 4:07 pm
Okay that is true. If you can't go or if it is questionable. https://media2.giphy.com/media/Trh2LxGxp0CsM/200_s.gif

CoasterCale

Postby Luxornv on February 22nd, 2016, 2:09 am
I'll sum up what actually happened in my 2015. I didn't get to any new parks in the US, but I traveled to Australia and visited Gold Coast for a few days. They have a few parks there, including Warner Bros. Movie World, Dreamworld, and Sea World. I was a little underwhelmed by these parks; all were fairly small, even Dreamworld which was advertised as the largest park in Australia. Not many new credits to be had at these parks. It was also disappointing that Green Lantern was down at Warner Bros. I was also impressed with Jet Rescue at Sea World. I wasn't expecting much from it, but it was actually very good considering what it looks like. It just seems like the parks in Australia aren't meant to be multiple day destinations like some are in the US. I'll probably go back to Australia, but I doubt I'd revisit the parks. It would take a lot of new stuff to get me to go back. No point using the time to go to a few mediocre parks I've already been to when time there is so valuable. Gold Coast and Surfers Paradise is a really nice area though, and has a lot more to offer as well.
Luxornv

Postby CoasterCale on February 22nd, 2016, 2:11 pm
In addition, to what I've said before. I visited SDC one last time for their Christmas event. Don't go and expect to ride anything. Cold Temps closed everything except for the Train, FITH, Flooded Mine, and TNT. I mean everything. None of the kiddie areas even opened.

CoasterCale

Previous

Return to General Coaster Talk