Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

WHAT THE?

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby coasterinsane on February 16th, 2003, 6:11 pm
http://www.rcdb.com/installationdetail1143.htmlook at this ride guys it was ging to be vertical velcity but it..... -well here is what it says......Other InformationV2 was closed for the start of the 2002 season while it was modified to be 150 feet tell. There is a 150 foot height limitation imposed by the city (the V2 was about 186 feet tall). This explains the mystery why the press releases claimed 150 feet tall for the V2 while other Six Flags parks with identical roller coasters advertised about 186 feet tall. I guess someone from the city noticed it was a bit taller than advertised. So, the forward tower was changed from 90 degree vertical tower to 45 degree inclined tower. The rear tower is still vertical, but shortened to 150 feet..... i am sure most f you have seen this but it is ver new and awkward tomeSORRY GUYS MY "O" KEY STICKS!
---------2006---------
Raptor Crew
Wicked Twister Crew
---------2007---------
Maverick Crew
Mantis Crew
Cad Cars Team Lead
coasterinsane

Postby T_Biggs on February 16th, 2003, 7:53 pm
Whats so strange about it? I heard they (Six Flags) had a 1 year variance from the city for the ride. Durring that time, they had Intamin design a short impulse shuttle, and thats what they got the next year. If thats true, I don't know, but the fact remains Intamin did design a short impulse, and the first year of it's existance it was just a regular second generation impulse.
T_Biggs

Postby CoasterDave316 on February 16th, 2003, 8:10 pm
To me this Impulse looks like it could be the best one Intamin has made. I find the other impulses to be rather boring and not thrilling at all. Once I saw what they were doing to this one, I thought it was a stupid idea. After seeing videos of it and pictures though, it looks like it could actually be better than the other impulses.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby coasterzak on February 16th, 2003, 8:31 pm
Yeah I would like to give that ride a shot. Looks like it could be decent by accident. I would like the intensity of rolling on your head at a 45* angle at such a slow speed. That would be pretty cool!
coasterzak

Postby coastrcorey on February 18th, 2003, 5:48 pm
lol... Wow, I can't believe nobody has heard that! That's like extremely way old news! lol, sorry. :D Anyway, yeah... it was a normal V2 just like the others, but then they modified it and made the spiraled tower a 45* angle... It does look quite fun actually... It's neat, because it goes right over the main entrance. That's why they had to install nets, so guests wouldn't get pelted in the head!
coastrcorey

Postby CoasterDave316 on February 18th, 2003, 5:51 pm
Im sure people have heard this coastercorey. I heard about this along time ago too and even kept up with construction pics on the internet, I was just stating my opinion on the ride.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby coastrcorey on February 18th, 2003, 6:00 pm
Yeah, I realize that. I wasn't trying to cut anyone down or hurt anyone's feelings. Sorry if I did. :wink:
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on February 18th, 2003, 10:05 pm
Didn't hurt me, I realized that a long time ago also when the news was in. I'm sure someone who would discover that would be baffled if they had never heard the news before. It is pretty wild!
coasterzak

Postby coasterinsane on February 19th, 2003, 7:41 pm
i am not saying it was bad just strange to me......it looks like alot of fun
---------2006---------
Raptor Crew
Wicked Twister Crew
---------2007---------
Maverick Crew
Mantis Crew
Cad Cars Team Lead
coasterinsane

Postby coasterzak on February 19th, 2003, 9:46 pm
Whoever thought that disregarding a law and having to modify a coaster would intrigue so many people?
coasterzak

Return to General Coaster Talk