Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

The Official Robb Alvey Roast Thread

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.

Have you ever had any affiliation with TPR?

Yes, I've viewed the site!
26%
Yes, I have/had an account!
26%
Yes, I got banned!
32%
No, who it the Robb Alvery dude?
16%

Total votes : 19

Postby RollingCoasting on September 24th, 2016, 4:38 am
RollingCoasting

Postby JaminOut on September 24th, 2016, 11:19 pm
When RollingCoasting tattles to Robb on me for something he dared me to do a few months ago...

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on September 24th, 2016, 11:21 pm
Because RaceBoarder is blaming me. Idk what this guys beef is, I've barely had any affiliation with him on here and he seems to bash us on TPR
RollingCoasting

Postby Skankhunt42 on September 24th, 2016, 11:33 pm
^I can understand his point of view. You make some good quality posts and contributions to the main forum and then follow it up with some nonsense/joke/childish posts to the main forum. This rubs people the wrong way. Nothing personal.
Skankhunt42

Postby JaminOut on September 25th, 2016, 10:06 am
Let him. Just remember that Robb can't do anything to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Mean Streaker on September 25th, 2016, 10:17 am
JaminOut wrote:Let him. Just remember that Robb can't do anything to us.

*The next day SFGAm World forum is replaced by a single picture of Robb's smiling face*
Mean Streaker

Postby JaminOut on September 25th, 2016, 10:43 am
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RaceBoarder on September 25th, 2016, 3:32 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Because RaceBoarder is blaming me. Idk what this guys beef is, I've barely had any affiliation with him on here and he seems to bash us on TPR

You (and others on SFGAm World) carry on like a stereotypical teenage coaster enthusiasts here and on TPR. Someone who has no insight in regards to the business side of the theme park industry. Your suggestions towards additions, operations, ect. are purely from an entitled enthusiasts POV, and that holds almost no basis in reality. I get that you're 15-17 and think you know anything and everything about the world. Been there/done that. In reality, you have a lot of maturity and intellectual growth to do before you become an adult. Show that growth through what is posted and you'll get plenty of respect.

Just curious, why do you bash Robb and TPR on here? I get what happened with TPR's pass through our neck of the woods in 2014. Have you ever asked why Robb and others posted what they posted on various forms of media? Cause if you look into the situation from a grounded, neutral POV, you can easily see why there were problems. And yes, many of these problems still exist in our park. But yourself and others look through rose colored glasses on the deal and feel personally hurt on the deal.

Robb has his flaws just like all of us. His personality is an acquired taste and certainly isn't going to mesh with everyone. But he's built a very respectable network of contacts throughout the industry. Those contacts feel that it's highly beneficial to them to reach out to Robb and TPR for things like Ride POV's, B-roll footage, commentary, social media presence, etc. Again, enthusiasts tend to completely miss the big picture.

I may seem brash with this, but I'm someone who isn't a "lifetime enthusiast". I recently came into this hobby and learned a lot about it, both good and bad. I can't stand "Enthusiasts" in the same way that a comic book fan would want to separate themselves from The Comic Book Guy on the Simpsons. Believe it or not, that is another reason people hate on TPR: that social awkwardness gets called out. It is what it is. If you'll notice I haven't said a word about anything here, but over there I show no hesitation. Two different worlds. Learn that and you'll be a much happier person.
RaceBoarder

Postby RollingCoasting on September 25th, 2016, 5:18 pm
Idc that Robb didn't enjoy his experience at SFGAm, I'm not a fan-boy. (I don't think there are any SFGAm fanboys, just enthusiasts. We're not CP)
My comment about Robb still being mad was not in defense, but in misbelief of how he could still be that upset over something that happened 2 years ago. It didn't have to be SFGAm, it could've been any park, it just amused me that he was still making a huge deal about it. I didn't take the comment to heart, but I enjoyed getting a kick out of it.

I googled "Robb Alvey Memes" one night and showed them to Ben and we were both dying, so we thought we should share them with the site. If I wanted to make a hatepage about him, I could just join a pre-existing one haha.

But seriously though, I have nothing against him. The memes are just pretty funny

Also, it's really not cool that you tried to get me banned from TPR.

--Rolling "I can't think of anything to say" Coasting.
RollingCoasting

Postby JaminOut on September 26th, 2016, 7:09 am
Alright, I'm stepping in.

RaceBoarder, you tried getting RC banned on TPR? For acting like a "childish fanboy"? Really? To me, it sounds like you're the one acting like a child. Suck it up and deal with it. TPR has plenty of wonderful threads (Cedar Point, Dollywood, Kings Dominion) where you can deal with their fanboy crowd. Please take a gander over there, come back, and apologize for RC having no insight. This enthusiast society has practically revolved around rumors (in which there is hardly any insight). Many of us have ideas that focus on the business spectrum of the industry here.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on September 26th, 2016, 10:15 am
Plus like I Said, not a fanboy. I simply brought the statement over to this board because I know we all found his 2014 rant pretty amusing (There was a whole thread on it)

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
RollingCoasting

Postby RaceBoarder on September 26th, 2016, 4:20 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Idc that Robb didn't enjoy his experience at SFGAm, I'm not a fan-boy. (I don't think there are any SFGAm fanboys, just enthusiasts. We're not CP)
My comment about Robb still being mad was not in defense, but in misbelief of how he could still be that upset over something that happened 2 years ago. It didn't have to be SFGAm, it could've been any park, it just amused me that he was still making a huge deal about it. I didn't take the comment to heart, but I enjoyed getting a kick out of it.

I googled "Robb Alvey Memes" one night and showed them to Ben and we were both dying, so we thought we should share them with the site. If I wanted to make a hatepage about him, I could just join a pre-existing one haha.

But seriously though, I have nothing against him. The memes are just pretty funny

Also, it's really not cool that you tried to get me banned from TPR.

--Rolling "I can't think of anything to say" Coasting.

When did I try and get you banned? I never once said anything along the lines of " Hey Robb! Please ban _________."

Please provide any info or posts in regards to this because I'm pretty sure the comment from Robb was the result of your own posts and nothing due to my suggestion.
RaceBoarder

Postby RollingCoasting on September 26th, 2016, 4:22 pm
You blatantly mentioned that I started the roast thread right in front of the creator of the site, whom the thread was about.... The guy who bans someone for the silliest of things

And either way, what did me, Wisco Woody, and schoup even have to do with the thread?
RollingCoasting

Postby RaceBoarder on September 26th, 2016, 5:20 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:You blatantly mentioned that I started the roast thread right in front of the creator of the site, whom the thread was about.... The guy who bans someone for the silliest of things

And either way, what did me, Wisco Woody, and schoup even have to do with the thread?

You're assuming that "A" and "B" are related here. They're not.
RaceBoarder

Postby RollingCoasting on September 27th, 2016, 8:31 pm
If they're not related, then why did you mention us in the thread on TPR? We did virtually nothing. Me and (I think) Wisco just made a joke like everyone else in the thread
RollingCoasting

Postby Tardis1972 on September 30th, 2016, 3:56 pm
A little off topic but schoup has been banned from TPR.
Tardis1972

Postby RollingCoasting on September 30th, 2016, 5:01 pm
I'm sure he''ll be back
RollingCoasting

Postby Mean Streaker on September 30th, 2016, 10:33 pm
Keep an eye out for bbd on TPR.
Mean Streaker

Postby RollingCoasting on October 12th, 2016, 4:30 pm
RollingCoasting

Postby Tardis1972 on October 13th, 2016, 2:20 pm
^ And now he's banned agin I think. At first I couldn't tell if it was him but after I while I figured out it was him.
Tardis1972

Postby Tardis1972 on August 30th, 2017, 8:55 pm
Time to bring this thread back to life.
robbalvey wrote:I'm only going to say this once...

Tomorrow is "Six Flags Announcements" day. We will be posting the announcement as soon as the materials are available to us.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY LINKS OR IMAGES TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE TPR DOES!

Anyone who does this will be banned forever from Theme Park Review.

Let me explain...

Posting the new ride information before we can do it actually creates MORE WORK for us as most of the time people who come on our forum and post info about a new ride will do a crappy job of it and then we have to not only do the work we are going to do to make a proper post about the new ride, but also clean up the garbage posts that people make.

No one here will get any extra points or look any "cooler" for being "first" to post the information. We aren't about being first we are about having good quality content. Please respect that. Thank you.

Just another example of how unprofessional TPR has gotten.
Tardis1972

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on August 30th, 2017, 8:59 pm
Might be unpopular, but I think I'm on Robb's side on this one. You have to respect the site and the parks. The parks have put so much into this (some much more than other) for it all to be leaked the night before.
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby Tardis1972 on August 30th, 2017, 9:10 pm
^ Yeah I agree with you on that one. I was talking about the fact that he had to post that in every SF thread and that he has to be the one who posts the announcement. Like does it really matter who posts the ride announcements. He's basically demanding respect but not giving any in return.
Tardis1972

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on August 30th, 2017, 9:18 pm
I guess I'm with you there. This way it makes the how many people get banned into a drinking game though. :lol:
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby Tardis1972 on August 30th, 2017, 9:37 pm
Well so far 4 members have been banned already.
Tardis1972

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum