Water Attractions
Advertisement

Six Flags Great America opens next Friday, April 3

Announcements & News From The Homepage
Postby CoasterDave316 on March 27th, 2009, 1:09 am
SIX FLAGS GREAT AMERICA BRINGS SUMMER EARLY
WITH MORE DAY... MORE VALUE... MORE FLAGS... MORE FUN

Park Opens April 3 for the Earliest Opening and Longest Season Ever

March 25, 2009 - Gurnee, Ill. - Six Flags Great America, the premiere destination for affordable, close to home family entertainment in the Midwest, kicks off a new year of thrilling family fun on Friday, April 3. This year marks the longest season ever with 18 additional operating days, unprecedented pricing, a new interactive family water ride, an exciting concert lineup and the return of an old friend. Mr. Six - the ageless, dancing, rater-of-fun will be in park all season long showing off his signature dance moves, posing for pictures, and beckoning guests to have More Flags. More Fun. To kick off the 2009 season on April 3, guests who dress like Mr. Six - from his signature glasses and red bow tie to his bald head and black suit - will be able to purchase a ticket for just $6. Additionally, there will be a Mr. Six Look-A-Like and Dance Contest where Mr. Six himself will rate contestants and prizes will be awarded to guests who receive the ultimate "Six Flags" rating in each category.

As part of this incredible season long celebration, Six Flags Great America will offer a line-up of new shows and attractions that provide top-tier entertainment as well as guest benefits that ensure a value-packed experience for the entire family. Some of the major headlines this season include:

More Value!

$69.99 for Season Passes - the lowest price in five years and only $15 more than a one-day ticket. Season Passes offer unlimited visits to any Six Flags theme park in the United States, five free tickets for friends and more than $500 in savings on in-park food and fun. In addition, Season Pass holders will enjoy exclusive ride times as well as a private Season Pass Holder Appreciation night on Sept. 18.

Everyone Pays Kids' Price - Everyone can have big fun at a small price! This $20 daily ticket discount is available online until June 7.

More Flags! More Fun!

Buccaneer Battle - a mutiny is brewing at Six Flags Great America as the park's new water adventure ride gets ready to set sail in mid-May. Ten ships, each with room for eight crew members, follow a 450-foot channel through waves of interactive fun for the entire family. As the ships navigate the waters, the battle begins for passengers armed with a powerful soaker gun as they take aim at each other and targets along the way. Some targets respond while others display a variety of special effects, creating surprises at every turn. Buccaneer Battle also engages landlubber park guests along the ride's banks as the freebooters on the ship supply random fire and observers shoot back in ship-to-shore fun.

STARBURST Summer Concert Series presented by T-Mobile - Music takes a front seat this season as the park debuts a new concert series with some of the industry's hottest acts including Jesse McCartney, Raven Symone and Miranda Cosgrove. All concerts are free with park admission or a Season Pass.

The Best of Dick Clark's Bloopers - this new interactive show features a live host who encourages audience members to create their own blunders while watching some of the all-time great missteps from Dick Clark's collection.

Six Flags Cyber Cafe presented by Comcast - Guests can now stay connected while visiting the park and upload their Six Flags fun instantly with free access to the Internet. The cafe will feature a menu selection of specialty coffees, homemade doughnuts, pastries and crepes.

Johnny Rockets Express - This all new restaurant features tasty favorites. World-famous Johnny Rockets shakes, fries, onion rings and chicken tenders are on the menu at this new express location of one of the park's most popular restaurants.

M-porium - a chocolate lover's dream. This new retail shop features M&M and Mars candies of every variety along with unique souvenirs.

"Six Flags Great America has always been the area's premiere destination for affordable, close to home family fun, and it will continue to hold that title this year beginning April 3," said Park President Hank Salemi. "With seven months of on-going entertainment, we're offering our guests a summer of escape with value like never before."

Six Flags Great America is located less than a tank of gas away from Chicago and Milwaukee and offers fun for the entire family with 13 heart-pounding roller coasters including Raging Bull, a free 15-acre water park, spectacular shows and parades four children's themed areas with over 35 kids rides including Wiggles World and meet and greets with Six Flags' world-famous cast of characters, including Mr. Six.

The Park will be open weekends in April with daily operations starting May 18. Visit http://www.sixflags.com for a complete list of operating hours and more information about Six Flags Great America tickets, shows, rides, attractions and events.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby FParker185 on March 27th, 2009, 2:24 am
"Six Flags Great America is located less than a tank of gas away from Chicago and Milwaukee......"

That sounds really bad. Almost makes it sound like you will use better than most of a tank of gas to get there. There really should have said a fraction of a tank of gas. Really from Milwuakee or even the far southern Chicago burbs it shouldn't use more than a half tank round trip, unless you're driving a hummer or something.
FParker185

Postby CoasterDave316 on March 28th, 2009, 8:01 pm
$6 admission for dressing like Mr. Six is probably one of the best deals I have ever seen Great America do.

That should help get people through the gate on a Friday in early April.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby FParker185 on March 28th, 2009, 8:56 pm
That is true, however..

Today was SFStL's opening day, which lasted a total of 80 mins before they shut down the park. I haven't heard if it was due to weather or attendance, though I think the weather was pretty crappy down there today.
FParker185

Postby FParker185 on March 28th, 2009, 8:57 pm
damn the lack of edit buttons in this forum...

I'm not sure 80 mins of entertainment is worth $21 ($6 admission + $15 parking) :)
FParker185

Postby Jackluver18 on March 28th, 2009, 9:40 pm
Yeah it was probably weather, I live 4 hours from the park and it was snowing/sleeting down here pretty much up until about 2 hours ago.
Jackluver18

Postby onyxhotel08 on March 29th, 2009, 12:35 am
Anyone know if parking will stay the same this year? Or if the sports bottles (Which I actually like to get every year) will go up to $14.99?
onyxhotel08

Postby FParker185 on March 29th, 2009, 3:21 am
I know SFGAm said at NCC parking will be the same this year. They did mention the price of sport quarts, I dont remember what it was but I think it was the same as last year, with season long refills(though you have to buy a new one, cant use 2008's)
FParker185

Postby cycamps on March 29th, 2009, 7:19 pm
I'm a little nervous about making the trip to GAm on Sunday; I'd hate to drive all that way just to have the park close...
cycamps

Postby onyxhotel08 on March 30th, 2009, 1:07 am
For me, it would be the fear of number of rides running 1-2 trains, how many rides actually closed due to wind/staffing, and the cold/park closing early. If you want to go when everything is actually open and moves quicker DON'T go opening weekend. Unless you live close enough...which I don't...sucks
onyxhotel08

Postby demonbulleagle on March 30th, 2009, 8:27 pm
Saturday is opening day. A private company bought out the park. Only they can go on Friday.

This true?
demonbulleagle

Postby onyxhotel08 on March 30th, 2009, 8:45 pm
There is no private event this weekend. April 25-26 there is. May 1st and 7th the park is also closed to the public but there are private events going on.
onyxhotel08

Postby demonbulleagle on March 30th, 2009, 9:54 pm
OK thank god!
demonbulleagle

Postby BIGCZAR1996 on March 31st, 2009, 6:05 pm
I have been waiting for 6 months. I am so excited for six flags to open
BIGCZAR1996

Postby chevyman34 on April 6th, 2009, 11:04 am
[quote="cycamps"]I'm a little nervous about making the trip to GAm on Sunday; I'd hate to drive all that way just to have the park close...[/quote]

I hope I was the only nutjob not to look at the website and go Sunday. It wasnt really all that bad, weather wise. It didnt get bad til LONG after 700, when they would have closed. But oh well. A day of lost revenue and an extra day off for the employees.
chevyman34

Return to Headline News