Advertisement

Thrill seekers won't feel Deja Vu at Six Flags

Announcements & News From The Homepage
Postby rielyboy10 on January 6th, 2008, 9:06 pm
what does it mean the coaster whould retract
rielyboy10

Postby Tip Top Club on January 6th, 2008, 10:06 pm
A. The Edit Button is your friend.

B. A PLC system is basically a computer that monitors a ride (I think)

C. Retracting at Vu just means it goes up a tower and then it goes back down without realeasing from the catch car.

D. They were not replacing the catch car.
Captain, don't shake the passengers up too much this time!
Just giving them their money's worth!
Tip Top Club

Postby RagingBullFan on January 6th, 2008, 10:47 pm
Tip Top Club, you are completely correct on every point.

PLC stands for a Programmable Logic Computer, most rides have 2 acting in a redundant fashion i.e. should one fail the other can still bring the ride safely to a stop. It monitors all sensors on the ride and determines is responsible for any motion on the ride.
Licensed Mechanical Engineer
RagingBullFan
Technical Administrator

Postby Galvan317 on January 6th, 2008, 11:52 pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programmable_logic_controller
Wikipedia is your friend.

What ended up hapenning with DejaVu is because of the constant climate changes the PLC needed to be re-programmed very often to comply with different speeds of the train. To properly re-program a PLC takes weeks, and when it needs to be done during the season, numerous times, its bad news. Part of the reason SFMM's got theirs to operate more consistently is because they have pretty constant weather year round and not as many adjustments have to be made. That doesnt begin to describe all the problems the ride had, but that is one of them.
Galvan317
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby tp41190 on January 6th, 2008, 11:55 pm
Is that why during the last few weeks of Fright Fest this year it would have that pause on the second tower?
tp41190

Postby RagingBullFan on January 7th, 2008, 1:15 am
The pause on the second tower is just a delay from the last proxy sensor sensing the train is there and then timing until release. That time won't change, the time it takes the train to get up to the top of the tower will vary.
RagingBullFan
Technical Administrator

Postby rielyboy10 on January 7th, 2008, 9:42 pm
does vekoma know what they are even doing damn i've seen them before and they dont look like good workers and cant actual good engineers fix the ride
rielyboy10

Postby Tip Top Club on January 7th, 2008, 10:28 pm
I don't know, why can't we get people who know how to write a proper sentance to post on boards that require writing?

But seriously, Obviously, I'm not a mechanic, And while I'd love to be arrogant and claim I know exactly how the ride works, I don't. But from what I've come to understand, It's not Vekoma's Ride anymore. Keep in mind that everyone who has ever touched this ride is a person capable of mistakes. and with all the modifications, and small things that Maintenance has done over the years, I can imagine that it would be unrecognizable to vekoma.

But In the end, let's just face it, the ride is a bad mechanical design. They were trying to be fancy and innovative, when the best stuff is what we know works. There was no need to reinvent the wheel on this attraction, but from what I can tell, it was done...or rather, it was tried.

And so rielyboy10, I have a challenge for you. Why don't you go out there and bring back some "actual good engineers" for Six Flags. Get back to me when all the work is done.
Tip Top Club

Postby rielyboy10 on January 7th, 2008, 10:58 pm
are ou mad at me for some reason i am doing the best i can to keep Deja'vu but the ride is almost gone just give me time
rielyboy10

Postby rielyboy10 on January 7th, 2008, 11:06 pm
and if your mad at me i will never talk to ever on this site again sorry if your mad at me :cry: :
rielyboy10

Postby demon boy on January 7th, 2008, 11:16 pm
rielyboy10 wrote:are ou mad at me for some reason i am doing the best i can to keep Deja'vu but the ride is almost gone just give me time

are you kiddng me? you, one person is trying to save a ride. For one, that will never happen, two, we cant do anything about it. Youre preaching to the wrong choir my friend,.
demon boy

Postby rct2wizard360 on January 8th, 2008, 12:07 am
Tip Top Club wrote:I don't know, why can't we get people who know how to write a proper sentance to post on boards that require writing?

Tip Top Club wrote:They were trying to be fancy and innovative, when the best stuff is what we know works. There was no need to reinvent the wheel on this attraction, but from what I can tell, it was done...or rather, it was tried.

If anything Vekoma was going extremely simple on this one, as in the general idea. The mechanics of it are very complicated but the basic idea is train go up, hope train catches. It's just too simple to be simple.
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby tp41190 on January 8th, 2008, 9:48 am
^Yeah, I think it would be cool if they were to use LIMs instead of a catch car and cables. Catch cars were ok on 1st and 2nd Gen Boomerangs but not a Boomerang with verticle towers. Then you would almost never have to worry about a miscatch unless the power goes out or something...just look at Mr. Freeze.
tp41190

Postby Tip Top Club on January 8th, 2008, 10:25 am
rct2wizard360 wrote:
Tip Top Club wrote:I don't know, why can't we get people who know how to write a proper sentance to post on boards that require writing?

I realized that right when I posted, and since we don't have an edit button...I was just waiting for someone to point it out.

Rielywhatever, I'm not mad at you, to be mad at you would mean I take my online life way too seriously. But no one can understand you if you don't know how to type what you're trying to say. Not to mention, the Ride has already been sold, unless you intend to put in a competing offer that would make the park seriously consider selling it to you, then you are out of luck.
Tip Top Club

Postby Galvan on January 8th, 2008, 1:42 pm
Dont have an edit button? Since when?
Galvan

Postby tp41190 on January 8th, 2008, 2:15 pm
^Yeah, it seems like there isnt an edit button on this forum.

...I dont have one :roll:
tp41190

Postby RagingBullFan on January 8th, 2008, 2:54 pm
There is no edit button in the headline news forum, This is due to the fact that we may use people's submissions to become the headline news, and the first post shows up on the main page of the website and we don't want that user going back and putting just anything up on the main page. :)
RagingBullFan
Technical Administrator

Postby Galvan on January 8th, 2008, 4:11 pm
Oh, lol I didnt even realize this was the news forum LOL.

:oops:
Galvan

Postby rielyboy10 on January 8th, 2008, 9:44 pm
doesnt mark shapiro own Deja'vu and who did it get sold to
rielyboy10

Postby sfgam1992 on January 8th, 2008, 10:48 pm
I think it was sold to silverwood but I havent seen any proof of that yet so i'm not sure.
sfgam1992

Postby Tip Top Club on January 8th, 2008, 11:01 pm
Mark Shapiro never personally owned deja vu, the company owned it, and it's a publically owned company. And seeing as how it was sold...no...the Six Flags Company does not technically own it anymore. I say presuming I know how roller coaster sales work. Which I don't.
Tip Top Club

Postby BrianPlencner on January 9th, 2008, 1:33 pm
Tip Top Club wrote:I realized that right when I posted, and since we don't have an edit button...I was just waiting for someone to point it out.

Don't have an edit button? I guess then I'm special, as the picture below is one of my posts. When I view it, I have a EDIT BUTTON . I have even circled it to prove that one does exist.

And it even works! :D When I click on it, I can make any changes to my post, and then save them. I use it all the time on this site.

[albumimg]2028[/albumimg]

--Brian
BrianPlencner

Postby RagingBullFan on January 9th, 2008, 4:13 pm
Brian, you should notice that you do not have a edit button in this forum, and this forum only (Headline News).
RagingBullFan
Technical Administrator

Postby Tip Top Club on January 9th, 2008, 7:24 pm
Yeah, we actually already covered that.
Tip Top Club

Postby tp41190 on January 9th, 2008, 9:05 pm
Yeah, but are you a mod?

Because Mods always get edit buttons on every post. Or maybe, if you wrote a article in here you get one....I don't know.
tp41190

PreviousNext

Return to Headline News