Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wiggles World coming to Great America

Announcements & News From The Homepage
Postby Galvan on January 28th, 2007, 10:40 pm
Tony, how could one of the tallest buildings ever built be hard to find?

Just walk to the tall thing. Boom your there :lol:
Galvan

Postby Trailblazer Tony on January 29th, 2007, 9:20 pm
^The building's easy to find, but it would be difficult to find the enterence if it wasn't clearly marked and directly next to the ride. It was an analogy to prove a point, but i think you already knew that. ;)
RIP: Trailblazer and Deja Vu...heck, even Alien Encounter :(

Fangs Up Cobra Style!!!

Chitown's finest resident here!!!!!
Trailblazer Tony

Postby Chitown on January 30th, 2007, 1:02 am
My guess is the entrance to Eagle will be constructed between Luigi's pizza and the arcade or just to the left of Dare Devil Dive.

Either way, guests will find the entrance without a problem as both spots will be off the main midway.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby CrstlBchCcln on January 31st, 2007, 3:03 pm
It's a 127 ft tall coaster forddude1416 . . .

I doubt that the entrance would go between Papa John’s Pizza (it’s not Luigi’s anymore) and the arcade, it would be strange to build a bridge to go over the Great America Raceway track twice, around Dare Devil Dive and then over the road, also I also don't think that they would snake the queue behind Papa John’s. There just doesn't seem to be enough room to comfortably fit a line and the things that need to go behind a restaurant there. Next to Dare Devil Dive is probably the best bet, left or right, I don't know. If the entrance is between Dare Devil Dive and Papa John’s they'd probably cut through Raceway's landscaping and go around the outside of Wiggle World and back to the existing bridge. If it's on the other side, then it would probably go in the old observation area and to the existing bridge.

I'm wondering if they're going to rebuild the bridges that go to and from the American Eagle, the entrance bridge looks trashy with the holes from the old dividing rail. The exit ramp is also kind of cramped. On busy days it's not unusual for disabled guests and people waiting for their friends to block the exit. A new ramp could solve that, but there's probably no reason to throw money at this small problem.

In regards to SFGAmfreak4life, I think that having Wiggle World in front of The American Eagle will increase its riders. None of us here are probably short enough to go on the Wiggle rides, but we're still paying a lot of attention to them. There's a number of topic on here about Wiggle World, and this one alone has over 50 replies. People are going to go to Wiggle World just to look at Wiggle World, and when they're there they're going to see all the things in the back of the park, and want to ride them.
RCDB says: "The Crystal Beach Cyclone is considered by many to be the most extreme roller coaster ever built."
CrstlBchCcln

Postby DejaVu2001 on January 31st, 2007, 4:05 pm
CrstlBchCcln wrote:I doubt that the entrance would go between Papa John’s Pizza (it’s not Luigi’s anymore) and the arcade, it would be strange to build a bridge to go over the Great America Raceway track twice, around Dare Devil Dive and then over the road, also I also don't think that they would snake the queue behind Papa John’s.

Who says that Raceway has to go around Dare Devil Dive. They modified Raceway when they installed Splashwater Falls, they could definitely modify it again.
DejaVu2001

Postby RagingBullFan on January 31st, 2007, 4:56 pm
Save that idea for another year...
Licensed Mechanical Engineer
RagingBullFan
Technical Administrator

Postby forddude1416 on January 31st, 2007, 6:07 pm
CrstlBchCcln wrote:It's a 127 ft tall coaster forddude1416 . . .

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatamer ... eagle.html is where i got my stats from
forddude1416

Postby FRD714 on January 31st, 2007, 6:12 pm
There's no way AE is 127 ft. tall. I'm gonna have to go with what the SF site says.
Frank
FRD714

Postby RagingBullFan on January 31st, 2007, 6:24 pm
AE is only 127 feet tall. Do some research and you'll quickly find out that the 1st drop goes into a 20 foot hole that was dug in the ground, making the drop 147 feet.
RagingBullFan
Technical Administrator

Postby Galvan on January 31st, 2007, 8:09 pm
Wait a minute, we are having an arguement over the height of AE and where the entrance of the ride should be?

WOW! :shock:

Is it May yet?
Galvan

Postby FRD714 on February 1st, 2007, 12:13 am
RagingBullFan wrote:AE is only 127 feet tall. Do some research and you'll quickly find out that the 1st drop goes into a 20 foot hole that was dug in the ground, making the drop 147 feet.

Makes sense, but it still seems taller than that even without the hole.
Frank
FRD714

Postby forddude1416 on February 1st, 2007, 12:14 am
LMAO! THANK YOU Galvan316!!!! I mean really people, yes we love hearing new things about our favorite park but seriously, its like 50 some posts now, most of them arguing about whether or not a tent will be here or will the queue line be on the left or the right. With all the discussion you would think they are removing American Eagle for wiggles world. :roll:
forddude1416

Postby BrianPlencner on February 3rd, 2007, 12:32 pm
FRD714 wrote:There's no way AE is 127 ft. tall. I'm gonna have to go with what the SF site says.

Drawings don't lie....

[albumimg]1405[/albumimg]

The heght of the AE Lift hill is 127 Feet 10 Inches, with a first drop of 147 Feet 10 Inches (20 feet into the ground).

And before you ask, I do own that blueprint.

So, with that said, back to talking about Wiggles World!

--Brian
BrianPlencner

Postby demon boy on February 3rd, 2007, 12:38 pm
I just read at the site (six flags.com) that 75% of Wiggle's will be under the tent with the other 25%being in front of the tent by the games and dare devil dive which seems like a good thing becuase then people will almost always have to walk right through it's entrance hence more traffic.
demon boy

Postby LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm on March 11th, 2007, 9:04 pm
well maybe someone mentioned this already but im going to say this again...if they do put it underneath the eagle tent then "Wascals" well be remodeled and renamed to that cafe that you saw in the video.

I dont like this at all. Not because its for kids but the fact that SFGAm is losing the theme every year. They could simple add a kids section that goes with the 1950's county fair theme. Look how nice they did with Looney Tunes National Park and Camp Cartoon Network. Wiggles does not even deal with Bugs Bunny. I know its all money behind this but still that just ruins the spirit of great america. Maybe next time they want to bring in a new ride of section for the year they should think to them selves..."what would Marriott do?"
No matter how hard it is...Never EVER give up. The real failure is those who dont try.
LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm

Postby LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm on March 11th, 2007, 9:48 pm
sorry...I just realized that the Yum Cafe will be where the bleachers is, not wascals, and I read at another topic that counter service ruins the excitement...I totally agree with you whoever said that.
No matter how hard it is...Never EVER give up. The real failure is those who dont try.
LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm

Postby CrstlBchCcln on March 19th, 2007, 1:36 pm
LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm wrote:Maybe next time they want to bring in a new ride of section for the year they should think to them selves..."what would Marriott do?"

"What would Marriott do?" They'd probably sell off all of their property and get out of the theme park business . . .

Why do we care about a company that cut their losses and ran away to concentrate on hotels, golf courses, and day spas? Asking "What would Marriott do?" is about as effective as asking "What would Kiran do?" Marriott does not own the park anymore, and there is probably a very good reason for that. So, maybe we shouldn't be seeking out their advice. Do you think anyone in Santa Clara is ever going to say "What would Paramount do?"

We're losing themeing? I'm more concerned with losing land. Six Flags wanted to build something new, and something licensed in our park. The "Eagle Tent" happened to be a wide open area that was incredibly underutilized, who cares that it's in County Fair? Did you complain this much when they built Bat-Man in Yankee Harbor? How about Super-Man in Orleans Place? What about Déjà Vu in County Fair? Some things don't fit with the theme perfectly, so they get put where the park can find the space.

Six Flags hasn't completely forgotten about the fact that Great America is a theme park. What additions did we get in 2004? An American themed Frisbee in County Fair, and a whole Mardi Gras section next to Orleans Place. How about 2005? We got an entire Caribbean themed water park. Everyone please lighten up about losing themeing, this is the natural progression of an ageing theme park. Not all corporations are like Disney with seemingly unlimited cash, land, and resources. I would much rather see the park stay in the black than see them go under trying to appease kids who weren’t even breathing when Marriott still owned the park.

We are getting a number of marketable new things this season. It’s going to be easier to sell tickets, and even season passes, to families who know that everyone is going to be able to have a good time at the local theme park. The more people who come in to the park, the more cash the park gets. Cash is what makes brand new themed coasters happen, and that is what you want, right? End of rant.
RCDB says: "The Crystal Beach Cyclone is considered by many to be the most extreme roller coaster ever built."
CrstlBchCcln

Postby Viper 06 on March 19th, 2007, 8:02 pm
Well, I highly doubt that every single person who worked for marriot supported the selling of the park, because chances are the people who were in charge of the things that "marriot would do" as he referred to were fired when that happened. What he's really saying is, let's keep it clean, let's keep it fun for everyone, and let's keep it themed.

I don't think anyone complained about having Wiggles in County Fair. If they did I'm sorry, please point it out. But keep in mind that there is a distinction between a comment and a complaint.

And just to add to that...yes Everybody asked "How will superman fit into the orleans theme" when it was built. Not that shockwave fit in any better. People frequently complain that the theming in The Harbor has gone downhill since the introduction of Batman. (Incidently Neither Batman or Superman are hyphenated)

"Everyone please lighten up about losing themeing, this is the natural progression of an ageing theme park. Not all corporations are like Disney with seemingly unlimited cash, land, and resources. I would much rather see the park stay in the black than see them go under trying to appease kids who weren’t even breathing when Marriott still owned the park. " As far as that lovely little quote there... How do you think disney stays in the black? Do you think that it would make the same amount of money if there was no mountain built around expedition everest, it if was just a bare coaster. Do you think dumbo would be nearly as popular if it was just triple-play style cars? Three Disney Restaurants (That I can think of off the top of my head) are on the list of top 100 restaurants in the country. Everything is in the details.
Your Resident Whedonite.
Viper 06

Postby CrstlBchCcln on March 20th, 2007, 11:38 am
Viper 06 wrote:I don't think anyone complained about having Wiggles in County Fair. If they did I'm sorry, please point it out.

LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm wrote:I dont like this at all. Not because its for kids but the fact that SFGAm is losing the theme every year. They could simple add a kids section that goes with the 1950's county fair theme.

To me, that looks like a complaint about how Wiggle World doesn’t fit the County Fair theme, I guess it’s all in the subtext . . .

Onto Expedition Everest (Which is capitalized. Don’t correct grammar until you’re consistently producing seamless prose. I only complain about other people’s facts, not their style, punctuation, and word use. If their post is legible, it’s only polite. Also, if I may, your quotes are quite lovely as well. You can’t decide how to spell theming [I was consistent, and I’ve since learned that it’s spelt without the last e, but I am not editing my prior post]. Marriott has two t’s, and so on. I’m not perfect either, so I’ll give the editor thing a rest for now and you should too). You’re completely right, Expedition Everest would not be as exciting without the mountain exterior. Many Disney Coasters would be lacking in excitement without an exterior mountain and an animatronic yeti. My argument was not meant to be interpreted as “I hate theming, theming is bad.” I like theming, it does add to the experience of a ride. My point was that Disney and Six Flags are at different spots in the game. Six Flags is trying to stay on their feet, while Disney is trying to conquer the world. Six Flags is also a different kind of theme park company than Disney is. We have almost 30 parks in North America, while Disney has 2 big ones (depending on how you look at WDW) on this continent, and quite a few overseas. Six Flags is not in the business of affording massive mountain enclosed Vekomas right now (Six Flags is not in business with Vekoma right now, but that’s not the point). It is not fair to compare Six Flags to Disney. That’s like comparing a downtown steak house with a $60 Fillet Mignon, to McDonalds and their 2 for $3 Quarter Pounder with Cheese deal. They both sell food, but when you’re in the mood for a Fillet Mignon, you shouldn’t stop to compare the meat with the slab you found in a QPC. Six Flags is not in direct competition with Disney. Compare our theming to Cedar Point (I’ve never been, but some folks can’t stop showing me their pictures). We have amazing theming in comparison to many of the Cedar Fair parks. McDonalds competes with Burger King, Six Flags competes with Cedar Fair. We defiantly have them beat on theming.

Further on “What would Marriott Do?” If they were still around, they’d probably try to do the exact same thing. We can see from the example that Disney provides that having recognizable characters for Kids to interact with is something that gets families in. Marriott would probably put the area in the exact same spot. Marriott did not care about theming as deeply as some of you seem to believe. The Demon has nothing to do with a livestock and agriculture show. It was a greatly themed attraction, but does not fit at all with it’s surroundings. It is just like Batman, and just like how the Viper was (until Southwest Territory was built around it, so bad example). Batman looked great when it opened, it was a fully immersive superhero experience. It’s a better product than Tidal Wave was, and Batman was an innovative original coaster for that matter. Don’t sweat it if everything doesn’t exactly fit with a huge themed area. Look at theses attractions as having their own theme. In fact, I could argue that the Wiggle World rides aren’t in County Fair, they’re in Wiggle World. I want people to stop thinking about this mythical Marriott that they have contrived in their heads. They were not the Disney-killer theme maniacs that some posters claim them to be. Also, is Mantis in a bug themed area? Is Raptor in a bird themed area? Six Flags is on top of their game, and leaps and bounds ahead of our direct competition, give the theming and "WWMD" arguments a rest.

Incidentally, the Dumbo ride is nothing like a Troika . . .
CrstlBchCcln

Postby Viper 06 on March 20th, 2007, 3:33 pm
Just for the sake of rudely pointing out your flaws, considering that I first corrected your grammer, and then you tell me that you shouldn't correct grammer unless you are perfect right after you correct my grammer...is amazingly hypocritical.

Also I asked very politely about the wiggles thing, you responded but did so very rudely and sarcastically. I've been corrected, so I thank you for pointing it out, but not the way you did it.

What Six Flags is trying to do right now is become a localized Disney. A Place where people from miles around can come and be immersed in Six Flags, Just as people can go and be immersed in Disney, so right now, comparing Six Flags to Disney is unfair, but hopefully less so in the future.

Also the fact that Batman is, in General, themed better then tidal wave was doesn't change the fact that it doesn't fit in with the theming. I have no problem with it personally, and agree with your statements, but people still complained about it and did wonder, for example, how Superman fit in with the orleans theme when it first came out, as I stated.

And Finally, I was not comparing Dumbo to a troika, I'm completly aware of both of their functions. I was comparing the cars shaped like elephants to the cars shaped like...well nothing.
Your Resident Whedonite.
Viper 06

Postby CrstlBchCcln on March 21st, 2007, 1:43 pm
Viper 06 wrote:Just for the sake of rudely pointing out your flaws, considering that I first corrected your grammer, and then you tell me that you shouldn't correct grammer unless you are perfect right after you correct my grammer...is amazingly hypocritical.

Actually, I said you shouldn't correct grammar before I corrected your grammar. I also said:
CrstlBchCcln wrote:I’m not perfect either

It’s true, I am extremely sarcastic at times.

I agree with the Superman thing, its theming includes the flying position, the station (barely), some signs, and a slippery logo. It doesn't provide a Superman experience, it provides a flying experience. Six Flags could do better.

I wish I could link this back to the original topic . . .
CrstlBchCcln

Postby coastercrazy on March 21st, 2007, 9:31 pm
Has anyone got pictures of Wiggles World
coastercrazy
Has A Tasty Cookie

Postby DejaVu2001 on March 23rd, 2007, 10:42 am
No. And there probably won't be any pictures until May unless SFGAm provides official construction photos. It is kind of hard to see kiddie rides from outside the park, especially when they're under a tent :lol:
DejaVu2001

Postby LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm on April 8th, 2007, 10:26 am
This question mayhave been asked already but does anyone know where the entrance to the Eagle will be moved to?

And I know all those comments of people saying how I have bad grammar, what I said was stupid etc. But this is a topic of Wiggles World not to bash on my quotes. Now I will be the bigger man take the blame of everything and say your right. I dont want to argue with people who insult others because of their bad grammar because its pointless and not even worth it. I have a life rather than being in my parents basement researching 24-7 on Six Flags eating doritos. So sorry if im not up to date on the park information, sorry if I said a stupid comment, and sorry if you guys dont like my opinion on what I think of the park. Plus, starting fights over teh internet is lame since you will probly never see that person in real life anyways, whats the point?
LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm

Postby RagingBullFan on April 8th, 2007, 1:25 pm
It is to the right of the tent. Sharing a building with Dare Devil Dive. Basically take the route of the old observation platform and keep that around the edge of the building, thats the new line.
RagingBullFan
Technical Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Headline News