Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

16th Annual Fright Fest Lurks....

Announcements & News From The Homepage
Postby CoasterDave316 on July 29th, 2006, 1:13 am
Sixteenth annual Fright Fest haunts Six Flags Great America
Entire park transformed with a Halloween theme that is fun by day and fright by night

Gurnee, IL – Disembodied spirits, creepy creatures and ghastly ghouls have once again begun to materialize at the Midwest’s premier scream park, Six Flags Great America. For 12 terrifying days and nights, the park’s traditional sounds of excitement and laughter are replaced with intense screams and loud cries as the 16th annual Fright Fest invades the region.

With haunted attractions, intense fog and additional themed areas, scare-seekers will cross over into a world of the undead, where things aren’t what they seem, and where the supernatural freely roam. This month-long screamfest runs weekends beginning Saturday, October 1 and is included with theme park admission.

Once anxious guests enter Six Flags Great America, an eerie fog sets in and the haunting begins. Thousands of props, facades, decorations and special effects transform the park into a Halloween haven of fun with 250 scare-actors seeking out unsuspecting prey. Guests never know when and where the departed will make a chilling appearance.

Theme park rides and other entertainment provide extra thrills for scare-lovers. Thirteen spooktacular coasters and dozens more exciting rides provide hours of screams. Many ride favorites even operate under frightful conditions, having been rethemed for this exclusive event. Superstition, Demon, Dead End Drive, Terror Twister, Hellevator and Rue Le Morgue are just a few of the exciting transformations that have been made during Fright Fest. The Love at First Fright musical revue and countless streetmosphere acts will have guests under an unwary spell.

Dates and hours for Six Flags Great America Fright Fest are Friday nights October 7 through 29, 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday hours in October are from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. The park is also open Monday October 9 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information on tickets, pricing and special events at the park, please visit <a href="http://sixflags.com/greatamerica" class="news" target="blank">sixflags.com/greatamerica.</a>

###

Six Flags, Inc. is the world's largest regional theme park company. Founded in 1961, Six Flags is celebrating its 45th Anniversary in 2006. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly-traded corporation (NYSE: SIX) headquartered in New York City.
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby RagingBullLover1543 on July 29th, 2006, 10:14 am
^Sweet I might actually go this year. Can't wait.
"There should be a B.O. squad that patrols the city like a "Smell Gestapo". To sniff 'em out, strip 'em down, and wash them with a big, soapy brush..."
"Why is nice bad? What kind of a sick society are we living in when nice is bad?"
RagingBullLover1543

Postby HorseoftheDowrn on July 30th, 2006, 10:24 pm
Im going. I go every year. Last year i went 5 times for FF last year!!!!!!!!!!
HorseoftheDowrn

Postby Carlo on July 30th, 2006, 11:04 pm
Do you notice that “Family" has now been dropped from the Name? Even on the web site it now just says "Fright Fest."
Carlo
Carlo

Postby skaterboarder254 on July 31st, 2006, 8:20 pm
i think i'm finally gonna go this year. i was going to last year but the trip was called off. i'm pretty psyched. one question though i have to choose between an august trip and a fright fest trip, i'm thinking fright fest is the way to go. am i right?
emo is a music genre, not a state of mind
skaterboarder254

Postby Sedir on July 31st, 2006, 8:36 pm
^Well if you want to go to the park for rides then go in august. During fright fest, the park is just packed dont be surprised when you see full lines (Raging Bull's line reached Viper's entrance quite a bit too with a full line.) Fright fest is mostly fun for the haunted houses, scaractors, and the atmosphere. Whevever I go to fright fest I go for that stuff instead of the rides.
/X\
Sedir

Postby ragingbullchick on August 3rd, 2006, 9:49 am
^ Yeah, you won't ride many rides during FF.

I'm excited already, and the normal season still has a while to go!
"And that farm girl walked off with slippers off a dead woman? She must have been raised in a barn!" ~Wicked, an excellent musical
ragingbullchick

Postby iluvthebullforever on August 7th, 2006, 7:28 pm
Only two haunted houses! That stinks! And one is a fun house! :twisted:
Top 10 Rollercoasters: 1. El Toro 2. Kingda Ka 3. Superman: Ride of Steel 4. Millenium Force 5. Magnum XL: 200 6. Nitro 7. Raging Bull 8. Medusa 9. Gemini 10. B:TR
iluvthebullforever

Postby EagleFan344 on August 7th, 2006, 7:31 pm
Definitely dont go to FF hoping for high ride totals. The part I liked best was the cold temperatures.
Coaster Count: 128
#1 Coaster: El Toro
EagleFan344

Postby ragingbullchick on August 13th, 2006, 10:22 am
^ I'd rather be hot than be cold at SFGAm, but that's just me. My last FF trip was almost miserable, I was so cold. I didn't get any high ride totals, either, that day.
"And that farm girl walked off with slippers off a dead woman? She must have been raised in a barn!" ~Wicked, an excellent musical
ragingbullchick

Postby dejavufan37 on August 20th, 2006, 4:51 pm
which rides are superstition and dead end drive cause i go every year for FF but i never see them
dejavufan37

Postby Sedir on August 20th, 2006, 5:55 pm
Superstition is the motion simulator movie that replaces Space Ship America's. And Dead End Drive is just Great American Raceway with some FF scenery.
/X\
Sedir

Postby Jackluver18 on August 20th, 2006, 7:51 pm
^ im goin 2 times this year
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby v2guy13 on September 3rd, 2006, 8:09 pm
iluvthebullforever wrote:Only two haunted houses! That stinks! And one is a fun house! :twisted:

The funhouse is a haunted house, it will help with the clown theme. And why are you surprised? Theres always been 2 HH's (unless you count internal nightmare, scared the hell out ot me)
YEA!!!! THREE MONTHS TO GO!!!!!!!
v2guy13

Postby viperchick85 on September 27th, 2006, 4:24 pm
Last year was really fun. I went in the little cage thing with the aliens at Area 51, got some good pictures. One of the scary guys made my sister pee her pants, that was also classic. It was good times. I hope I can go this year.
viperchick85

Postby Jackluver18 on September 27th, 2006, 7:39 pm
I can't wait for FF but i can't go till the 14th it sucks but hey i least I can go
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Return to Headline News