Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Six Flags Shares Jump Upon Stock Upgrade

Announcements & News From The Homepage
Postby RagingBullFan on January 12th, 2006, 3:04 pm
Shares of theme park company Six Flags Inc. gained Thursday, after an analyst expressed confidence in new Chief Executive Mark Shapiro's ability to turn around the company by selling off assets.

Read More At <a href="http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060112/six_flags_mover.html?.v=1" target="blank" class="news">Yahoo! News.</a>
Licensed Mechanical Engineer
RagingBullFan
Technical Administrator

Postby Galvan on January 12th, 2006, 3:43 pm
Definately excellent news for Six Flags.

Maybe all the Snyder nay-sayers are wrong after all.
Galvan

Postby mschulz5 on January 12th, 2006, 4:27 pm
At first, with everyone saying how Satanic Snyder and Co. would be to the company, I thought it would be a terrible thing if Snyder took over. Oh how I was wrong. Every move Snyder and Shapiro have made so far has been for the better of the company. Increased gate prices will help revenue, and I don't think it will hurt attendance that much. The new advertisements will probably also be a hit as well.

I salute you, Snyder.
'' If u commited suicide, u wouldn't be here anymore'' - Gangsta Fruit
mschulz5

Postby ihauntu2 on January 12th, 2006, 6:28 pm
This is the fourth sizable jump in two weeks.

My co venture with a friend started on the day SFI took itself off the block, and Keiran was replaced.

So far we have seen over a 25% return in less than a month. While it may suck for thrill seekers after this year - Snyder is gold for the stock price for now.

Lets see what happens if the speculators stop, or if Snyder doesn't produce.
It's the most fun in the park when your laughing in the dark.
ihauntu2

Postby Trailblazer Tony on January 12th, 2006, 7:44 pm
mschulz5 wrote:At first, with everyone saying how Satanic Snyder and Co. would be to the company, I thought it would be a terrible thing if Snyder took over. Oh how I was wrong. Every move Snyder and Shapiro have made so far has been for the better of the company. Increased gate prices will help revenue, and I don't think it will hurt attendance that much. The new advertisements will probably also be a hit as well.

I salute you, Snyder.

Me, too. My opinion of Snyder has changed a lot recently and I am starting to like him, or at least the people he is working with.
RIP: Trailblazer and Deja Vu...heck, even Alien Encounter :(

Fangs Up Cobra Style!!!

Chitown's finest resident here!!!!!
Trailblazer Tony

Postby Carlo on January 12th, 2006, 9:07 pm
I don’t know were you guys have been but the No Re-Entry Policy appears to be going into effect all Six Flags Parks. That’s not a smart move at all.
Carlo
Carlo

Postby twixmix0303 on January 12th, 2006, 9:13 pm
That idea has been nixed I thought.
twixmix0303

Postby Binks Drake on January 12th, 2006, 9:56 pm
That idea was killed about a day after it's introduction.
Binks Drake

Postby SFGAm Shock Wave on January 12th, 2006, 10:17 pm
http://www.sixflags.com/parks/newenglan ... icies.html

It is still on SFNE's website as of 9:16 pm on 1/12/06.
SFGAm Shock Wave

Postby ihauntu2 on January 12th, 2006, 10:51 pm
It was on SFA's website until it was changed mid-day this week. I had e-mailed the link to their site to the author of the "Six Flags, One Rumor" story. The same day I had e-mailed him, it changed back.

I wonder whats going on here.
ihauntu2

Postby CoasterDave316 on January 13th, 2006, 4:20 pm
http://www.fool.com/news/commentary/200 ... 011302.htm

There's the author's change of stance on the Six Flags, One Rumor story.

Sounds like the idea isn't dead.

It's way to early to say this regime is going to change everything, and just because stock prices are up now doesn't mean they will stay that way. If they make stupid policy's like the no re-entry thing for next year, and attendence declines again as a result of bad policy's...the stock price will drop hit rock bottom again.

So let's wait at least a year and see what happens before we declare thank you to Mark Shapiro and Dan Snyder.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby ihauntu2 on January 13th, 2006, 6:25 pm
If you hold stock and the company does decide to treat their customers like this, I would reccomend selling right before the end of the 3rd quarter.

We're up over $10 now, but it is mainly due to speculators and hedge funds. A stupid policy move like this will negatively affect per customer spending, which will hurt the bottom line, and push speculators out.

Without them, the price will pop.
ihauntu2

Return to Headline News