Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Six Flags Announces Entertainment and Marketing Dept.

Announcements & News From The Homepage
Postby RagingBullFan on January 11th, 2006, 2:46 pm
Mark Shapiro, President and CEO of Six Flags Inc (NYSE:PKS) , announced today the creation of the company's new Entertainment and Marketing department. The department, led by veterans of the entertainment, marketing and communications fields, will focus on creating a rich entertainment environment focused on the family audience at Six Flags parks around the country.

Read more from <a href="http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060111/daw010a.html?.v=1" target="blank" class="news">Yahoo! News</a>
Licensed Mechanical Engineer
RagingBullFan
Technical Administrator

Postby Galvan on January 11th, 2006, 3:06 pm
This is clearly an Excellent move by Six Flags:

What better way to expand the companies Entertainmnet ventures then have some people that are actually associated in the business.

Great move by Six Flags.

Misguided people (those of which who see Synder out to destroy everything involved with Six Flags) will tout this move as yet another failure, but these people obviously dont understand the business of making money.

Because remember folks, whether it be Six Flags, Burger King or Playboy, these companies are in the business for one thing... making money.
Galvan

Postby Trailblazer Tony on January 11th, 2006, 3:29 pm
I've always loved great shows just as much as rides and coasters, so another EXCELLENT move on Six Flags' part.
RIP: Trailblazer and Deja Vu...heck, even Alien Encounter :(

Fangs Up Cobra Style!!!

Chitown's finest resident here!!!!!
Trailblazer Tony

Postby greatamerica2003 on January 11th, 2006, 7:16 pm
Wonderful.

If anyone remembers Marriotts Great America, this is it. Not just rides anymore, but fun for everyone.

There are some kids on this board that either do not understand the concept of this or do not want it to happen. Why? Because as I said before, the days of huge thrilling roller coasters every 3 years are OVER. Money will be spent on a more fufilling and fun experience rather than a quick 2 minute thrill. Not to say that thrill rides are dead, but I think we may see less and less of them.

Good move Six Flags!
YOU ARE A FAILURE AT LIFE!
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm on January 11th, 2006, 8:02 pm
^ I agree on you with this but hopefully they dont go for a cheap way and make it a kiddieland with cheap themes and scenery...I hope they go the route it was for Marriotts Great America and now that I wont work there this year it will be a good and nice theme to the park if employees wore costumes as their uniforms like they did in the old days.

They said in the article that they are going to use marketing in the park so does that mean every where you go your going to see more advertisements because that wouldnt look right...
No matter how hard it is...Never EVER give up. The real failure is those who dont try.
LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm

Postby LAFFfan4lyfe on January 11th, 2006, 8:20 pm
I've always liked the shows at SFGAm, in my eyes this is a good thing. Now for the people i've brought to the park to see shows and have fallen asleep, this isn't great for them.
2006 visits: 20
2007 visits: 17
2008 visits: 3
LAFFfan4lyfe

Postby Bob O on January 12th, 2006, 12:26 am
It is way too early too say if this is good or bad. We have to wait and see what the results are, see what shows are produced as a result of this new group. I would be more impressed if they hired someone from universal/disney to run the division rather than more espn people who have no theme park experience.
I know the idea of more advertising in the park is very bad news as they have more than enough already.
Some new shows that are good would be great for the park as i havent seen a decent show at SFGAM since they got rid of the old batman/wild west stunt shows.
Maybe they will be smart and use looney toons/dc comic characters to replace the shows in the pictoruim or the awful stargate simulator ride.
Bob O

Postby coastercrazy111 on January 12th, 2006, 12:14 pm
Well judging by the article on Yahoo, it seems to me that they want things from movies, television, music etc. So maybe we will see some major stars appearing/performing at Great America. That would deffinately increase ticket sales and attendance. So not only may we see newer and better shows, maybe we will see major stars and performers as well. I have a feeling that this is the beginning of a new era for Six Flags, a better and smarter era. It seems that they improve every year, and this year seems to be a HUGE improvement. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. I support this entertainment board 100%!
2010 is going to be one to remember forever!!
coastercrazy111

Postby twixmix0303 on January 12th, 2006, 7:38 pm
I hope this doesn't become too commercialized. Disney parks obviously have their own movies and TV shows to pull actors from and Six Flags doesn't, but it would still be nice to see some Six Flags entertainment stuff, like Looney Tunes on TVs in the queue rather than music videos.
twixmix0303

Return to Headline News