Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Six Flags Announces Results of Consent Solicitation

Announcements & News From The Homepage
Postby SIC COASTER on November 30th, 2005, 5:27 pm
I have to agree with him to, Six Flags was pretty much giving away season passes.
you smell
SIC COASTER
I love lamp

Postby greatamerica2003 on November 30th, 2005, 5:48 pm
Well at the moment the Red Zone boys are still not really in control. They have taken three seats, and there are seven seats on the BOD.

But it is a move that will no doubt shake things up. For better or worse, I don't know.

But even if the shareholders voted to do this, there are far more people who will make the desicion on whether this was a good move or not........

GUEST TRAFFIC. If they don't like whats happening at the parks, they won't come. And the almighty dollar makes that desicion.

Wait until Snyder finds out that theme parks really don't turn as big a profit as he thinks.
YOU ARE A FAILURE AT LIFE!
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby greatamerica2003 on November 30th, 2005, 5:50 pm
greatamerica2003 wrote:Well at the moment the Red Zone boys are still not really in control. They have taken three seats, and there are seven seats on the BOD. And no ownership has changed. Snyder still owns as much stock as he did yesterday.

But it is a move that will no doubt shake things up. For better or worse, I don't know.

But even if the shareholders voted to do this, there are far more people who will make the desicion on whether this was a good move or not........

GUEST TRAFFIC. If they don't like whats happening at the parks, they won't come. And the almighty dollar makes that desicion.

Wait until Snyder finds out that theme parks really don't turn as big a profit as he thinks.
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby [jonrev] on November 30th, 2005, 5:58 pm
Will B:TR and S:UF be renamed?
[jonrev]

Postby greatamerica2003 on November 30th, 2005, 6:03 pm
I think that there is a possibility that everything could be renamed. But remember that Snyder is not in control. Red Zone is not a majority of the BOD. If they brought it up for a vote, it could still get voted down.
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby FRD714 on November 30th, 2005, 6:24 pm
Everthing renamed!!!! Better not happen! :x
Frank
FRD714

Postby [jonrev] on November 30th, 2005, 6:38 pm
Raging Snyder
Snyder: Ultimate Flight
Snyder the Ride :lol:
[jonrev]

Postby msoeagle on November 30th, 2005, 6:51 pm
Sponge Bob's Whizzer
msoeagle

Postby mschulz5 on November 30th, 2005, 6:57 pm
Good one. :roll:

I think that in the case of the advertisements, adding a few to every park wouldn't hurt, but putting one in every place imaginable would just make a park look like complete trash.
'' If u commited suicide, u wouldn't be here anymore'' - Gangsta Fruit
mschulz5

Postby FRD714 on November 30th, 2005, 7:14 pm
Jon Revelle wrote:Raging Snyder
Snyder: Ultimate Flight
Snyder the Ride :lol:

Good one! :lol:

I would never go to sfgam ever again if that happened.
Frank
FRD714

Postby [jonrev] on November 30th, 2005, 7:24 pm
Snyder Trek Tower
Triple Snyder
Iron Snyder
Snyder's Wild Ride :roll:
[jonrev]

Postby FRD714 on November 30th, 2005, 7:52 pm
Snyder's Great America
American Snyder
Deja Snyder
Snyder's Sprocket Rockets
King Snyder
Big Snyder Balloons
Snyder Harbor
Snyder Island

Ok, I think I made my point.
Frank
FRD714

Postby Galvan on November 30th, 2005, 8:41 pm
Okay, This post is specifically about Red Zone's business venture into Six Flags.

Not a rename thread, Not a rumor thread as well...

Can we please stay on topic here.
Galvan

Postby FRD714 on November 30th, 2005, 9:42 pm
This is probably a stupid question, but who is Red Zone?
Frank
FRD714

Postby SFGAm Shock Wave on November 30th, 2005, 10:02 pm
^ Snyder's company.
SFGAm Shock Wave

Postby FRD714 on November 30th, 2005, 10:11 pm
^What kind of company is it?
Frank
FRD714

Postby zjohn1988 on November 30th, 2005, 10:19 pm
aero737 wrote:Well, you people are going to kill me for this, but I think Six Flags REALLY needs to raise Season Pass prices, close a lot of parks, and if it brings them money, throw advertisements around the park.

Six Flags is a buisness and they can't just tailor to Enthusiasts.

Go Snyder, and I'm sick of Mr. Six. :lol:

Thank You!
http://themeparkcritic.com/scripts/profile/ViewProfile.asp?ViewID=2909
A furious storm once roared `cross the sea, catching ships in its path, helpless to flee. Instead of a certain and watery doom, the winds swept them here to Typhoon Lagoon!

*****Are you ready to Rockit?!*****
zjohn1988

Postby playerplex on December 1st, 2005, 1:00 am
Haha see ya Mr. Six and you're stupid little song too.
Ride Count 2006: Vu:4 RB:2 RC:1 Demon:4 Batman:3 IW:5 S:UF:1 Viper:7 Eagle:3 KC:3 GD:1 RLD:2 Scenic Railway:4 YC:4 Logger's: 2 Whirligig:1 HFM:3 Orbit:2 Condor:3 FF:1 Chubasco:1
playerplex

Postby LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm on December 1st, 2005, 1:05 am
I agree with Aero. Yes they should raise season passes then that means more families would buy them and less teens, which vandalize the park. If we get a more family enviorment then more families would come and they wont really care about the season pass prices since its for their kids.

Taking the Looney Tunes characters out are just stupid! They are basically whats left for the kids. Maybe they want to go to a new generation of cartoons like Spongebob or something. Overall throwing them away will not be a good idea.

Having more advertisements would just take the theme away from Six Flags. Picture it your in line in Southwest Territory trying to expierence the old western days and theres a brand new car you can win! or a new cell phone...throws the park off subject.

In order to save money they should sell the small parks and keep the major pakrs like SF Gadv, GAm, Over Texas, Magic Mountain, St. Louis, and thats all I can think of for right now. From these profits they can save to build a bigger and better park from scratch which will attract a lot of people. That will raise money.
No matter how hard it is...Never EVER give up. The real failure is those who dont try.
LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm

Postby Imeanbusiness on December 1st, 2005, 10:48 am
Since when is StLouis a large park? Snyder has been unamiously voted in as chairman....(Which means every person on the board voted for him). The sale process is still going through, and still all options are open. Snyder does not seem like the bad person you all make him to be. He honestly seems open minded.

Mr. Snyder stated: "All directors are committed to continuing the sale process." Mark Shapiro, recently elected to the Board, also threw his support behind the sale process continuing unfettered, "It will all play out one step at a time."

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/051201/20051201005408.html?.v=1

Give the guy a chance, come on. Every theme park company has sponsor, Test Track sponsored by GM, Mission Space brought to you by IBM, DejaVu presented by Slim Jim...etc...etc...I just think all you little acers/acer to be/enthusiast are just scared of change. I want to see what Mark Spario can do, considering he will be CEO, not snyder.
Imeanbusiness

Postby Trailblazer Tony on December 1st, 2005, 3:42 pm
The sponsering and the raising of the season pass prices are all good ideas that I think are smart and needed. However, selling parks is sad to see, especially if they are just going to get the wrecking ball. Also, Mr. Six has people who have never even been to Six Flags amused so I don't understand loosing a good thing. Either way, I will give him a chance and we'll see how things go.
RIP: Trailblazer and Deja Vu...heck, even Alien Encounter :(

Fangs Up Cobra Style!!!

Chitown's finest resident here!!!!!
Trailblazer Tony

Postby greatamerica2003 on December 1st, 2005, 5:22 pm
Imeanbusiness wrote:Since when is StLouis a large park? Snyder has been unamiously voted in as chairman....(Which means every person on the board voted for him). The sale process is still going through, and still all options are open. Snyder does not seem like the bad person you all make him to be. He honestly seems open minded.

Give the guy a chance, come on. Every theme park company has sponsor, Test Track sponsored by GM, Mission Space brought to you by IBM, DejaVu presented by Slim Jim...etc...etc...I just think all you little acers/acer to be/enthusiast are just scared of change. I want to see what Mark Spario can do, considering he will be CEO, not snyder.

Where did you read that Shapiro will become the CEO? I have not seen that anywhere. Kerian Burke is still the CEO of SFI, just no longer Chairman of the Board.

And Mission:SPACE is presented by HP.
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby Imeanbusiness on December 1st, 2005, 7:45 pm
I was refering to which if Snyder's Red Zone Holdings became majority share holder, he vote him on....it has been stated many times he want Sharpio to head up the group.
Imeanbusiness

Previous

Return to Headline News