Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Six Flags Announces Results of Consent Solicitation

Announcements & News From The Homepage
Postby SIC COASTER on November 29th, 2005, 1:58 pm
Six Flags announced today that the results of Red Zone's consent solicitation have been certified by IVS Associates, Inc., the independent inspectors of election, and that all of the proposals that were the subject of the consent solicitation have been adopted. As a result, Messrs. Daniel Snyder, Mark Shapiro and Dwight Schar have become directors of Six Flags, replacing Messrs. Burke, Dannhauser and Shuman, and Red Zone's other proposals, including the amendments to the Company's By-laws, have been adopted.

Read the press release at: <a href="http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/051129/20051129005644.html?.v=1" class="news" target="blank">Yahoo.com</a>
SIC COASTER
I love lamp

Postby w00dland on November 29th, 2005, 4:31 pm
That was faster than Six Flags expected it to happen. So it finally happened, I wonder how much different next year or 2007 will be compared to 2005.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby zjohn1988 on November 29th, 2005, 4:41 pm
bye bye Mr. Six! :D
http://themeparkcritic.com/scripts/profile/ViewProfile.asp?ViewID=2909
A furious storm once roared `cross the sea, catching ships in its path, helpless to flee. Instead of a certain and watery doom, the winds swept them here to Typhoon Lagoon!

*****Are you ready to Rockit?!*****
zjohn1988

Postby msoeagle on November 29th, 2005, 4:43 pm
:(
msoeagle

Postby coastercrazy111 on November 29th, 2005, 5:10 pm
Man they better not get rid of Mr. Six. He is their flippin mascot dude! I am seriously gonna throw a fit if this stupid Snyder guy screws up Six Flags, he doesnt belong running this company. He is just doing it so he can show off his power. What a jerk. God I wish I could say some more stuff on here, but I wanna stay appropriate!
2010 is going to be one to remember forever!!
coastercrazy111

Postby Rusty888 on November 29th, 2005, 5:10 pm
As an uninformed post whodoesn't understand this, what does this mean for the park :?:
i'm rocking the suburbs, just like quiet riot did...
Rusty888

Postby Coaster Alex0805 on November 29th, 2005, 5:13 pm
I cant wait to see what he does!
SF IS CLONING! AHHHHH!!!
Coaster Alex0805

Postby SFGAm Shock Wave on November 29th, 2005, 5:19 pm
Rusty888 wrote:As an uninformed post whodoesn't understand this, what does this mean for the park :?:

The beginning of the end for SF. . .

He has publicly stated that he wants to get rid of Mr. Six and increase Season Pass prices.

There are strong rumors, although not yet confirmed, that he plans to phase out the use of Looney Tunes characters. WTF does he intend to replace them with. Paramount has Nick, Universal has Dr. Suess, what else is left?

He also said he wanted more sponsorship. Translation: Advertisements everywhere.

This may be the darkest day in the history of both Great America and Six Flags in general.
SFGAm Shock Wave

Postby Jamesb58 on November 29th, 2005, 5:42 pm
I don't see what is so wrong with Snyder's plans.

People, understand, SF needs to do what it has to do, in order to
lower the debt and to eventually get out of debt.

What do you want them to do? Continue to go into debt, declare
bankruptcy and close all the parks?

They need to raise Season Pass prices, they need to eliminate
some of the parks, they need to increase sponsorship! If you
think they don't need to do that, then, ok, I guess you support
Six Flags going under and every park getting closed in the
future.

Congrats to Snyder as a Brighter and better future for Six Flags begins!
"The world of politics is filled with uncivilized, snarling, rapacious beasts that, like untrained mutts, raise their legs and urinate on everything we hold dear," - Michael Savage
Jamesb58

Postby FRD714 on November 29th, 2005, 5:44 pm
^I agree that season pass prices are way to cheap. I looked at it and I was surprised that it was only $85.
Frank
FRD714

Postby raginbullrider on November 29th, 2005, 6:10 pm
in english please
Former Six Flags Ride Operator - 2008-2011. "The Whizzer Guy." Also Worked at Demon, Batman, Viper, Raging Bull, Carousel, Big Easy Balloons, King Chaos, Orbit, Wiggles, Hometown Fun Machine, Triple Play, Log Flumes. I make and edit amusement park videos under the name Techie Dave Productions
raginbullrider

Postby ragingbullchick on November 29th, 2005, 6:14 pm
Wow. That flat out sucks. If SF were to change anything with its parks, they should make them cleaner, have more employees, and keep Mr. Six and the Looney Tunes. I can understand why season pass prices can go up, but the price was a bargain. That was great.
"And that farm girl walked off with slippers off a dead woman? She must have been raised in a barn!" ~Wicked, an excellent musical
ragingbullchick

Postby Drkstarboard on November 29th, 2005, 6:20 pm
SFGAm Shock Wave wrote:
Rusty888 wrote:As an uninformed post whodoesn't understand this, what does this mean for the park :?:

The beginning of the end for SF. . .

He has publicly stated that he wants to get rid of Mr. Six and increase Season Pass prices.

There are strong rumors, although not yet confirmed, that he plans to phase out the use of Looney Tunes characters. WTF does he intend to replace them with. Paramount has Nick, Universal has Dr. Suess, what else is left?

He also said he wanted more sponsorship. Translation: Advertisements everywhere.

This may be the darkest day in the history of both Great America and Six Flags in general.

Tellitubbies :lol: How would you like to see a big green gay tellitubbie walking around Six Flags Great America (no offence to anyone who IS gay).

But back on topic,

I think that Six Flags should LOWER the season pass prices to attract more people into buying them. I hear people all the time say that they want one, but they are too expencive. If the season pass price was lowered, then more people would buy them and Six Flags would be getting the equal if not more than they have been getting because they are cheaper and are attracting more people into buying them.
It's green. It's blue. It's all over you! Enjoy your ride on Déjà Vu
Drkstarboard

Postby SFGAm Shock Wave on November 29th, 2005, 6:45 pm
Drkstarboard wrote:But back on topic,

I think that Six Flags should LOWER the season pass prices to attract more people into buying them. I hear people all the time say that they want one, but they are too expencive. If the season pass price was lowered, then more people would buy them and Six Flags would be getting the equal if not more than they have been getting because they are cheaper and are attracting more people into buying them.

$44.99 x 2 = $89.98
$84.99 is $4.99 cheaper than the price of 2 visits. They definitely should not lower the price. It is already a great deal. I personally wouldn't mind it going up to $120-$135. It would still be a good deal, and help reduce SF's debt. That is the only point Snyder makes that I can see any logic behind.
SFGAm Shock Wave

Postby Carlo on November 29th, 2005, 7:00 pm
FYI: Just because Snyder and it's 2 other associates are on the board with him, does not give him control of Six Flags. Six Flags still has 4 other members on the board. The old board still has control over the company. Which means anything can still happen, including the sale of Six Flags. Also Burke is not gone from Six Flags. Burke is still the CEO of Six Flags. As well as Dannhauser is still the CFO of Six Flags.
Carlo
Carlo

Postby sfgam05 on November 29th, 2005, 9:30 pm
Isnt SFI up for sale? Whats the latest news on that? I do think they should get rid of mr. six, he costs a lot of money that honestly can be better spent on other aspects of the company. I hope that SFI is bought by Cedar Fair, they know how to please guests of all ages, even a bit more than Gam.
I'm running to Bull on opening day, anyone gets in my way and they'll get trampled.
sfgam05

Postby Drkstarboard on November 29th, 2005, 10:21 pm
SFGAm Shock Wave wrote:
Drkstarboard wrote:But back on topic,

$44.99 x 2 = $89.98
$84.99 is $4.99 cheaper than the price of 2 visits. They definitely should not lower the price. It is already a great deal. I personally wouldn't mind it going up to $120-$135. It would still be a good deal, and help reduce SF's debt. That is the only point Snyder makes that I can see any logic behind.

(FYI, I'm not raging at you or anyone here.)

Hmmm. Okay. Debt reasons. Raise prices of season passes to reduce Six Flag's debt. But just one question. Why do they think they are in debt. Well...let's see here. Not just the fact of Hurricane Harbor costed an arm and a leg but also Kingda Ka! Kingda Ka was one of the dumbest decisions to make when building a massive waterpark in the same year! Not to mention, El Toro! For god sake, SFGAd just got a new roller coaster (not to mention, the tallest & fastst roller coaster in the world) and now they are building the tallest and fastest wooden roller coaster in the world? I'm sorry but that is just plain stupid. So Snyder should have no right to raise season pass prices just because SF is in debt. He did not help the debt AT ALL! So why raise season pass prices? Why not accually try and SAVE money!? Why raise the prices, get money, blow it when they finnally get out of debt, get in debt again, and then raise the season pass prices again? I'm sorry but this is just child's play here! The way I see it, Snyder is the one who is screwing up the debt!
It's green. It's blue. It's all over you! Enjoy your ride on Déjà Vu
Drkstarboard

Postby w00dland on November 30th, 2005, 12:09 am
Well he really had no say in what SFI built the past 2 years. That was all your Boy Burke. Snyder hasn't made one decision for SFI yet, and probably won't for a little while yet. I honestly don't think we will see that many changes this coming season because so much stuff has probably already been ordered and is being worked on (or filmed) right now.

2007 could be a totally different story, though.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby Eagle04 on November 30th, 2005, 4:01 am
Does this make now its a good time to buy a season pass?
Changes may take time but price changes can be done at a drop of the hat.
Eagle04

Postby Trailblazer Tony on November 30th, 2005, 1:03 pm
Very True, how where can we get season passes now? Do we have to wait until spring?
RIP: Trailblazer and Deja Vu...heck, even Alien Encounter :(

Fangs Up Cobra Style!!!

Chitown's finest resident here!!!!!
Trailblazer Tony

Postby Jamesb58 on November 30th, 2005, 1:38 pm
You can get Season Passes Online at SixFlags.com

I would assume that 2006 passes will stay at their current rate,
but we'll see a raise in prices starting in 2007.
"The world of politics is filled with uncivilized, snarling, rapacious beasts that, like untrained mutts, raise their legs and urinate on everything we hold dear," - Michael Savage
Jamesb58

Postby RagingBull914 on November 30th, 2005, 4:05 pm
All Ican say is thing are only going to get better or worse at this point :)
Top Thrill Dragster- One of the tallest and fastest roller coasters :)
RagingBull914

Postby FRD714 on November 30th, 2005, 4:42 pm
Jamesb58 wrote:You can get Season Passes Online at SixFlags.com

I would assume that 2006 passes will stay at their current rate,
but we'll see a raise in prices starting in 2007.

Good thing I got mine before the prices go up possibly.
Frank
FRD714

Postby Aero737 on November 30th, 2005, 5:06 pm
Well, you people are going to kill me for this, but I think Six Flags REALLY needs to raise Season Pass prices, close a lot of parks, and if it brings them money, throw advertisements around the park.

Six Flags is a buisness and they can't just tailor to Enthusiasts.

Go Snyder, and I'm sick of Mr. Six. :lol:
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby Jamesb58 on November 30th, 2005, 5:24 pm
I definatly agree with you Aero on this!
Jamesb58

Next

Return to Headline News