Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Mr. Six is back in New TV ad.

Announcements & News From The Homepage
Postby sfgamworld on March 24th, 2005, 9:21 am
In 2005 Mr. Six is back and as spry as ever. The new national spots unveil where Mr. Six spent the winter and show him working to get the company's theme parks ready for a new season of ultimate fun.

Fans of Mr. Six can see the "Retirement Home" spots, which air nationally this week, on their television set or by visiting <a href="http://www.sixflags.com" target="blank" class="news">sixflags.com</a>.

For a video and press release of the commercial<a href="http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/sixflags/21387/" target="blank" class="news"> Click here </a>
sfgamworld
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby Sireze on March 24th, 2005, 10:09 am
I'm so happy! my favorite character is back! i can't wait to see the new commercals this season
From being one of the class geeks in 8th grade to one of the most noticable ones in High School. Thats what you call "Steppin Yo Game Up!"
Sireze

Postby DejaVu The Ride on March 24th, 2005, 12:20 pm
I like it. The other ones will be just as fun, too. And yes, the park shown is SFMM(so don't complain.) :wink:
DejaVu The Ride

Postby Galvan on March 24th, 2005, 12:26 pm
DejaVu The Ride wrote: And yes, the park shown is SFMM(so don't complain.) :wink:

Congrats to Deja Vu the Ride for Stating the obvious
Galvan

Postby DejaVu The Ride on March 24th, 2005, 12:37 pm
Obvious to you, but not to everyone else. :)

Also, if you read the press release, it mentions increase customer service, increased capacity, and the biggest Six Flags season ever.(Which I know all 3 will affect SfGam in 2005.

DejaVu "What do you all think about the commercial?" The Ride
DejaVu The Ride

Postby coastercrazy111 on March 24th, 2005, 2:50 pm
I thought that the behind the scenes feature they did with the commercial was AWESOME! You actually got to see Mr. Six like after they said "cut." It was prety cool...you get a really good look at him. I think hes a middle aged man.

Also they kind of gave his age(for Mr. Six) the retirment home dr. said he thinks anywhere between like 85-112 years old or something near that.

I think the commercials this year are gonna be 100% better that last years. The first one already is awesome.
2010 is going to be one to remember forever!!
coastercrazy111

Postby ihauntu2 on March 24th, 2005, 5:15 pm
The commercial and behind the scenes look were pretty neat.

It looks like Six Flags is really going to go all out with Mr. Six and their brand. In addition to the large ad campaign I've noticed that the main difference between my 2004 and 2005 season pass besides color is the fact that the passes now contain the tagline "its playtime!" and the picture of Bugs Bunny has been replaced by a picture of Mr. Six on a rollercoaster.
It's the most fun in the park when your laughing in the dark.
ihauntu2

Postby greatamerica2003 on March 24th, 2005, 5:16 pm
Galvan316 wrote:
DejaVu The Ride wrote: And yes, the park shown is SFMM(so don't complain.) :wink:

Congrats to Deja Vu the Ride for Stating the obvious

I for one did not know it was SFMM, so don't be a jerk.

Anyways, you can tell that the front gate shots were staged in the SFMM parking lot, with a fake main entry, very reminicent of Riverview Park with all the light bulbs and the large arch.
YOU ARE A FAILURE AT LIFE!
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby punkbunny24242 on March 25th, 2005, 10:31 am
I love where he is buffering or shining the coaster train... really great commercial to kick off the season! I was super excited to see it on sixflags.com
punkbunny24242

Postby SFGA Bob on March 25th, 2005, 3:56 pm
the thing I liked about the commerical (and I hate the whole Mr. Six promotion in general) is when he gets the bus out of the shed and kicks the tire. it creates a sense of continuity and rounds out character. its just a good piece of writing. speaking of writing, I must say whoever writes all the Mr. Six commericals has a good grasp on writing for silent pictures, which is a really tough thing to do well.
I don't have a detonator; its on a timer.
A countdown timer?
No, a count-up timer. It goes from one to explode.
SFGA Bob

Postby w00dland on March 26th, 2005, 6:50 pm
In my professional opinion I believe he is between 80 and 127 years old...
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby CoasterKing on April 1st, 2005, 2:29 pm
Yup seen the commercial like 50 times. It gets better every time. I am so excited for opening day.
CANT WAIT TO GO TO SIX FLAGS GREAT ADVENTURE! Hurricane Harbor! MAXXX! (Kingda Ka)
^^old signature 8)
CoasterKing

Postby The_Ragin'_of_the_Cajun' on April 1st, 2005, 11:17 pm
It's a much better commercial than any other i'd say. I've seen it now 37 times and can say i'm very excited about SFGAm opening!
The_Ragin'_of_the_Cajun'

Postby Jamesb58 on April 2nd, 2005, 9:32 am
I havn't seen the commercial yet, and I don't care to. I'm not a fan of
Mr. Six. He's so annoying, in my opinion.
"The world of politics is filled with uncivilized, snarling, rapacious beasts that, like untrained mutts, raise their legs and urinate on everything we hold dear," - Michael Savage
Jamesb58

Postby Sireze on April 7th, 2005, 7:29 pm
Jamesb58 wrote:I havn't seen the commercial yet, and I don't care to. I'm not a fan of
Mr. Six. He's so annoying, in my opinion.

:shock: DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT HIM IN THAT KIND OF WAY!!!!!!! (I'm just kidding with you :wink: )
From being one of the class geeks in 8th grade to one of the most noticable ones in High School. Thats what you call "Steppin Yo Game Up!"
Sireze

Return to Headline News